News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed- identification shoulder board ww1

It´s a single shoulder board (German Army) for an officer working at the Landwehr-Inspektion Karlsruhe. That´s why he has a gothic "K" on the board. Not very long in existance from 1912 onwards. Nice!

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Hi simius rex

thank you for all this info! Amazing how much these straps can tell to someone who has so  much knowledge!

so i came upon an unusual one ? :) (and that for a beginner haha) 

are there sites where i can find moet info on straps in general? I know about kaiserbunker and german daggers 

greetings

vincent 

This type of shoulder board was also worn by officers of Detachment Küntzel / Freikorps Küntzel of the Garde-Kavallerie-Schtuzen_Korps in 1919.

You can see an illustration of the board in the lower half of the attached recruiting poster.

1692065165_DetachmentKntzelposter.thumb.jpg.75fbca593f09099685d0cddaab2dfe28.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hello gents,

someone able to identify these Oberleutnant shoulder-boards as to which German State and what branch of service? very fine silver weaving.

Mecklenburg?

Regards

v.Perlet

SKlappen.jpg

Edited by v.Perlet

Thanks, but not really. What would, though, is an explanation how you got the idea that the shoulderboard is one that stems from a uniform of an Oberleutnant of the 46th IR.  And would you have a time period that you would connect this shoulder board to?

That would be great.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Hi,

thanks for the table. Unfortunately the writing is too small for me to decipher them. To be from 46th IR the shoulderboard of an Oberleutnant of 46th IR,  should feature the number 46 on the board which it does not. Also, the colour of the board should be silver. They were made of 4 so called Plattschnüre, each 1cm wide. They were held together with a black and white (for Prussia) thread. The numbers or ciphers or letters were 1,8 cm long. Find attached a photo showing the shoulderboard of a Leutnant which differs from that of a Oberleutnant only in that it doesn´t have the pip and that of a Hauptmann from a Landwehr-Inspektions Headquarter with the respective letter and two pips instead of one. The base, however ist the same for all subaltern officers. Note the distinct difference to the one you claim to be from the 46th IR during WW1. In my humble opinion that is not correct.

GreyC

xFamilienfotoLeutnantEKII.thumb.jpg.28e7e5db9d8abe73d21019cb21d504ae.jpg393482304_xxHauptmannSKLandwehrInspSaarbruckenD.thumb.jpg.c5bf0c6bf51be56e9643d101683f5b5d.jpg

Edited by GreyC

Hi,

I did with no word imply anything that had anything to do with gold. And even if (if!) the number was missing, how could you say it´s 46th IR?

It doesn´t make sense, I am sorry to say.

GreyC

PS: Thanks for the enlarged copy. Much better now. Could you please provide a source for where to find these pics. I´d appreciate it.

Edited by GreyC

3 hours ago, GreyC said:

Not a German Oberleutnant shoulderboard from WW1 in my opinion. Too narrow wrong texture.

GreyC

Hello GreyC,

the boards are certainly a WW1 issue. I stated maybe Mecklenburg, since these small (semi-kingdoms) like Braunschweig, Hannover, Mecklenburg, Waldeck und Pyrmont, Reuß, etc. are known to me for having these slim boards.

Regards

v.Perlet

3 hours ago, Triadoro said:

Preussen, Oberleutnant, Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 46 ( 1. Niederschlesisches)

m.M.n.

Hello Triadoro,

thanks for the input. The pip center of my board matches the Hannover-board you posted but not the Schlesien board.

Also the texture weaving on the vertical outer side does not match the Schlesien board (or the photo is no good regarding those details) I am referring to these horizontal lines crossing the vertical rim

Regards

v.Perlet

Edited by v.Perlet

3 hours ago, ccj said:

The boards posted by v.Perlet and Triadoro are model 1866 boards and were discontinued in 1888. 

Hello ccj,

thanks for that info - so real old boards, thats nice to know. Any idea as to which state and what service branch?

Regards

v.Perlet

Hi ccj,

thank you for your confirmation that these boards were not in use during WW1 as I stated throughout. And I do reiterate that from the board it is impossible to conclude that it belonged to a tunic from IR 46 as claimed falsly by Triadoro who wrote with regard to my posts : "It sounds like you possess good knowledge about shoulder boards, so this must be an interesting learning experience".  Well, it was. I won´t take your posts serious from now on. And v. Perlet you state: "the boards are certainly a WW1 issue". NO they are not. As I tried to explain more than once.If you don´t believe me, that´s fine. If you don´t have the decency to apologise, too bad. I won´t waste my time with any of your queries in the future.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

56 minutes ago, GreyC said:

...... And v. Perlet you state: "the boards are certainly a WW1 issue". NO they are not. As I tried to explain more than once.If you don´t believe me, that´s fine. If you don´t have the decency to apologise, too bad. I won´t waste my time with any of your queries in the future.

GreyC

Hello GreyC,

easy, easy cool down please.

You stated: Not a German Oberleutnant shoulderboard from WW1 in my opinion.

Not from WW1 - so you might just as well wrongly imply that they are from WW2 - how should I know?

Assuming that you might refer to WW2 - I stated wrongly that they are certainly from WW1 - i should have added; they are certainly from WW1 "or before" - or "they are certainly not from WW2".

I don't think that I need to apologize to you, due to you and me not being precise enough in our statements.

So don't bring in "decency" - just take a deep breath, relax and see if you can help me to find out what state and service branch these boards belong to - thanks.

Regards

v.Perlet

Edited by v.Perlet