News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Westphalia: Medal of honor 1809.

augustin1813

On 30/07/2021 at 09:47, augustin1813 said:

A nice certificate and the Medal of Honor for Friedrich Sächtling, "Musicant im Batallion der Jaeger Garde".  14 Marz 1813. (for the Russian campaign).

IMG_2193.JPG

Signed by the Cte de Hoene and the Commandeur of the Jäger, Müldner.

Valentin de Salha, Cte de Hoene, concillor of state, grand master of the Queen's Household, minister of the war (october 29, 1810); knight of the Order of the Crown (january 25, 1810), commander of the same order (january 15, 1811); count de Hohne (september 23, 1810; count of the French Empire (april 23,1812); french general; grand cross of the Order of the Two Sicilies, officer of the Légion d'Honneur (march 7, 1813).

The medal:

MH.gif

oh wow! In Germany we have the saying, that 5 of 4 westphalia medals are fakes! But yours looks pretty okay, I guess that the armour shows signs of wearing and that these marks aren't tiny blowholes? I have never seen the award document, so this one really is awesome!!!! 

PS: I really love your  book on the HIstoire des distinctions honorifiques du royaume de Westphalie and have it in my liberary. I took a look into it and saw that Frederic Sächtling was musician. Any chances that we learn for what he has earned his medal?

PSS: In my book Vol 2 on pages 57f you will find a letter from Sergeant Eggeling to the duke of Brunswick, where he is writing about his silver and the golden medal of honor of westphalia. If you want me to, I can send you the translation into english or french to your email address, which I have! Just give me short note, if you want me to do so.