News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian 1912-1913 Award Document Translation Help

Pick this up at the OMSA 2021 show.  Includes the award document along with the full size and miniature medal.  Is it possible to get some help with the translation?  I believe the unit is the 7th "Preslav" Infantry Regiment.  Any help is appreciated.

test doc.jpg

Hi JustinH

You are correct for the Military unit

Can yo you post the medal. Usually this is very common award Document.

However, this one is rare because this is for a medal with a black stripe on the middle and is given to the family of a person who was killed i during the war

This document entitles the son of this soldier to wear the medal.

i suppose some of the Bulgarian members can give us more information regarding the Regiment

Yes, Graf's correct :)

All I can add is that 7th Infantry regiment was part of the 4th Infantry division during the war. However, in the records of KIA's during the Balkan wars, the recipient's father had been logged as being part of the 43rd Infantry regiment which was only formed during the mobilisation. 

The person had been killed in the first stages of the war - on 16th Oct 1912 during the largest battle of the war - the Battle of Lule-Burgas, and was buried there (village of Karaağaç, now suburb of Edirne, Turkey).  

Lastly, the document itself bears the signature of Major-General Hristo Lukov, Minister of War in 1937.  

10 hours ago, Graf said:

Hi JustinH

You are correct for the Military unit

Can yo you post the medal. Usually this is very common award Document.

However, this one is rare because this is for a medal with a black stripe on the middle and is given to the family of a person who was killed i during the war

This document entitles the son of this soldier to wear the medal.

i suppose some of the Bulgarian members can give us more information regarding the Regiment

Graff, thanks for the reply. The medal and mini that came with the document are the regular service versions. I assume the medals were added with the document. Either way glad to have a mini example.

5 hours ago, ilieff said:

Yes, Graf's correct :)

All I can add is that 7th Infantry regiment was part of the 4th Infantry division during the war. However, in the records of KIA's during the Balkan wars, the recipient's father had been logged as being part of the 43rd Infantry regiment which was only formed during the mobilisation. 

The person had been killed in the first stages of the war - on 16th Oct 1912 during the largest battle of the war - the Battle of Lule-Burgas, and was buried there (village of Karaağaç, now suburb of Edirne, Turkey).  

Lastly, the document itself bears the signature of Major-General Hristo Lukov, Minister of War in 1937.  

Ilieff, also thank you for the reply. Is it possible to have a translation of the father and sons names?

20210810_161912.jpg

As previous posters said - this is very interesting document, because the commemorative medal should have been given to a soldier KIA, hence the ribbon with black stripe. Medals that came with this document are on incorrect ribbons.

Furthermore, the document and medal were given to the son of the soldier with the right to wear the medal. 

This is not a common document, congrats!

"Is it possible to have a translation of the father and sons names?"

Father: Dobri Nikolov Obretenov

Son: Nikola Dobrev Nikolov

Edited by new world

and Nice Mini as well

here are the medals with the three types of ribbons

from left to right

- Common who participated in 1912-1913 Wars

- With a white stripe for Doctors, Civil Servants and Clergy man

- With Black stripe given to families of people killed during the Wars

001.JPG