News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The passing of Chip Minx great collector

It is with great sadness that I tell of the passing of one of America's most knowledgable and accomplished Imperial German collectors. Charles (Chip) Minx passed away on August 5, 2021 at age 72 after a three year battle with cancer. He is survived by two sons, several grandchildren and countless collectors to whom he pass on his wisdom and generosity over the years.

Chip was an occasional contributor to this forum and many of you may know him from other forums. His passing is a great loss his family and to our collecting community as well.

This is terrible news but I was afraid he wasn’t well. I emailed him a few times over the last couple of months with no reply which is unusual. 
    it’s very sad indeed. Chip was very knowledgeable.

Yes, it was a shock when I found out. Chip was a great person. Always helpful, correct and reliable. A great man has passed away. I regret not having been able to meet him personally. He wanted to come to Germany next year. I had written to him a few months ago; he told me that he was doing quite well under the circumstances.
    I am really sorry. This tragedy has torn a hole in the whole collector community.
    Rest in peace, old friend!

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about Chip's death. I was wondering why he isnt replying to my e-mails. We had earlier few deals about Russian imperial shoulder boards. And we were continuing that.

Hopefully his collections will be taken care well!