News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Discovery of hidden end-of-war Nazi artifacts in Eckesey District of the City of Hagen, Germany

A news story in Artnet News has several photographs of some of the artifacts discovered by a local history teacher doing home repair work following recent flood damage in a home in the city of Hagen. This story has been reported by several German and English language news services, but this article provides a few good images of some of the items, apparently associated with the home's use as the headquarters of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrthttps://news.artnet.com/art-world/history-teacher-discovers-hidden-nazi-artifacts-1999220?utm_content=from_&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=US News Morning 8/17/21&utm_term=US Daily Newsletter [MORNING]. I'm including some of the photos from this article below. The descriptions of each image are quoted directly from this Artnet News article, and credited to the Stadtarchiv Hagen. I hope this is an appropriate section to post this, and that the information is not too amateurish. I am not knowledgable about this area, but interested in such finds as an historical archaeology discovery. 

Screen-Shot-2021-08-12-at-3_23.05-PM-1024x575.png.a7689e59f74b246b9227cc0dc074f75b.png

A local history teacher has discovered a secret cache of items belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency, hidden behind a wall in his aunt's house. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

mask-e1629139092867.thumb.jpeg.a977c9154126829c36feaaf6078074ca.jpeg

A gas mask belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

djMQuJCjQkRg5oRZCPFcUh-970-80.jpeg.aa8bd38b3c34a9c6206c0ec9c682f68c.jpeg

A revolver belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

68bd65d49d84b63a6361ae9d7845afbb.jpeg.d6db07a030fed86fbefb71f17a705b28.jpeg

A medal belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

4962f2ac0f0970da4c2e44a0d1bd1f7e-1024x572.jpeg.88c14a7a6d03e23b547afd88e17a41bb.jpeg

Brass knuckles belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

Image-a-la-une-72-1024x576.jpeg.fc453e64e304f8fb8da71e10dc171979.jpeg

A medal belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

artefakjpg-20210812042014.jpeg.c6d93033c1046088e22d192c5c540e8d.jpeg

An SA whistle belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt, or NSV, a Nazi welfare agency. Photo courtesy of the Stadtarchiv Hagen.

Edited by Rusty Greaves

An interesting article, thank you for posting it.  I'm sure that there are still many items hidden away that have been forgotten.  I recently heard of a school that was doing renovations that found flags & other HJ/Studentbund items hidden for all these years.

For info.  The gold disc listed as "A medal belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt" is actually a belt buckle.

Cheers

Don

17 hours ago, Scowen said:

The gold disc listed as "A medal belonging to the local office of the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt" is actually a belt buckle.

and the other item refered to as "medal" is a pin given out on the occasion of the jubilee-meeting celebrating 10 years of Gau Westfalen Süd in 1938.