News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can you recognize the medals and uniform?

I got this old wedding photo - it is marked on the back Karl Braun, Phto Atelier Mkt (markt) Beroldsheim - it's a small town in Bavaria. The grooms decorations are BMVK4x, EK2 and probably bavarian long service medal, and cut-out wound badge. So the picture is from 1918 or later. But can anyone recognize the medals of the old gentleman on the right? Due to unusual shapes and ribbons I think they are some unofficial veteran's medals or shooting club medals. What is the uniform of the groom? The scan is high-res, but the original is blurry and that's all I could get.

Thanks in advance for help, Valter

Image_20210822_0001.jpg

Image_20210822_0001b.jpg

Image_20210822_0001a.jpg

Thanks, Dave, good eye! Indeed, there are Centenar medal and 1870-71 KDM.

Prussian, I tried with high-res scans, but this is all I could get. To me it looks like two oakleaves with acorn in the middle - forestry? Some freikorps? Thanks for your effort.

Image_20210822_0002h.jpg

12 hours ago, Valter said:

I got this old wedding photo - it is marked on the back Karl Braun, Phto Atelier Mkt (markt) Beroldsheim - it's a small town in Bavaria. The grooms decorations are BMVK4x, EK2 and probably bavarian long service medal, and cut-out wound badge. So the picture is from 1918 or later. But can anyone recognize the medals of the old gentleman on the right? Due to unusual shapes and ribbons I think they are some unofficial veteran's medals or shooting club medals. What is the uniform of the groom? The scan is high-res, but the original is blurry and that's all I could get.

Thanks in advance for help, Valter

Image_20210822_0001.jpg

Image_20210822_0001b.jpg

Image_20210822_0001a.jpg

Unfortunately the picture is too blurred. The first medal can be a Medal of Bravery, a Rescue Medal, or a Medal of Civil Merit . On the policemans bar I see a MVK 3 with crown and swords

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your help! Landespolizei it is... and the guy in Chris' thread that Glenn posted looks just the same as my guy!!! The same decorations, mustaches, only in mine pic he has a bit more hair. Could it be the same person? Do we have his name?