News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Estonian Stickpin, help needed

Hello guys!

So I have this estonian stickpin. Most of the estonian stickpins of this type that I have seen has been pre war patriotic pieces.

But this is an enigma to me, it has the estonian coat fo arms but to its reverse hallmarks and a HAMMER and SICKLE.
    Which IMHO is a bit contradictory.

Does anyone have more info of this type of stickpin?

DSC03387.JPG

DSC03394.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

The hamer and sickle inside a 5-pointed star were the halmark of silver used in the Soviet Union since 1958. The 816 should be the silver content (meaning 81,6% pure silver is used). The "3" or "B" left from the star refers to the district it was made (I have no further info about it).

The 9.ARS I have no idea. 

This is souvenir patriotic badge that was made in Estonia somewhere between 1990 and 1992. 

It is marked with soviet mark that belong to Tallinn assay office.

Letter Э stands for Эстония = Estonia. 

On 03/09/2021 at 17:17, Peppe864 said:

Numbers which are to the right of the hammer and sickle is 816 (maybe silver content) and below 9.ARS.

It is hardly possible. 

Since 1965 there were only five purity silver marks in USSR: 750, 800, 875, 916, 960.

So it must be 916. 

After 1992 Estonia started to use 999, 925, 830 and 800 purity marks.

Workshop used soviet hallmarks because new national hallmarks were formally introduced only in 1992 (and started to be used only in 1993).

Edited by JapanX