News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is a third class cross of the second type which was introduced in ca. 1862/63 and was abolished in 1869. From the pictures, it looks fine to me.

There were only two makers officially involved making these in the 1860s, from what I have heard, but I couldn't attribute it to the one or the other with only these pictures.

Edited by saschaw

4 hours ago, GODISHIGH said:

The seller mentions its marked "Wilh" between the arms and also states it's gold. 

All of these are gold, if they're authentic and officially produced. Prussia didn't change to gilt silver until almost 50 years after this type was obsolete. I'd love to see a picture of the mark! From what I have seen, many of these are unmarked... and "Wilh" cannot be what it reads. Maybe "AW"? Another common maker for such crosses could be "WILM", but not for the early type crosses, as far as I know.

17 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

(...) in what looks to be pristine condition.

With that flaw on the upper cross arm, "pristine" would not be my choice of words.

;)

AS far i am concern,

Usually, "WILM" mark was on  the bottom of lower arm -6 o'clock  ,not in between the arms

In such cases if the price is very high you might request more information

Hi Simius Rex,

If your information is 100% correct it means It is not only eMedals who claims that. i have seen in few Dealers Sites

I am not collector of German Orders and if you are, as it looks like, enthusiastic German Orders collectors I will retreat my comments and cordially will accept your opiinin..till proven otherwise by other members

Regards

Hi GGODISHIGH,

I hope you made your mind regarding the Order

To my friends from USA Take it easy. Do not start a war I accept your comments

Those Forums are for constructive . exchange of opinion Cheers

• 2 years later...