Have any of you found these safety pins attached to the ribbons of EKII's?

I have three pins attached to some ribbons of mine and was wondering if there were period or attached latter? Sorry for the really niche specific question but if anyone can answer this question it's you!
~Ravs

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image1.jpeg

3 hours ago, Graf said:

It is difficult to say because those pins have been used for a while

Here is one of myEK2 with pin It looks like this in the middle

001.JPG

001 (2).JPG

Very interesting! I've never had a 1939 version. BTW yours looks spectacular

5 hours ago, Graf said:

Thanks Yes, those pins are difficult to be put in any particular period

Here is another pin from WW1 period

024.JPG

What an interesting piece. Is that for the red cross?
Well I guess I can assume that if the ribbon came with a pin then it's likely that it was original or from the period more or less. I've found that it's hard to find the pins at all apparently. I'm glad I have these ones.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2021 at 18:52, ashley58 said:

yes they do appear on occasions i also have a 1939 version with the typical French style pin as a mounting ? as seen below

DSCF3791.JPG

huh! Wouldn't this be a contradiction in its self? A french wearing an ek2 from 1939? Or this one belonged to a guy who served in the legion after the war or very unlikly a member of the french wallonian ss, 

On 04/10/2021 at 21:35, ashley58 said:

Doubt if it was anything of importance ..... though they had an active foreign legion during the war, but probably just used to pin to a board ??

Agree... by coincidence I had a little bag of these pins and used them to mount medals.