News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

@1812 Overture This is because, from the 25th of April 1915 to the 26 of September 1915 IR 91 fought on the eastern front along side: 

k.u.k IR “Kaiser Leopold II” Nr. 31

k.u.k IR “Nikolaus I. König von Montenegro” Nr. 55

k.u.k IR “Ludwig III. König von Bayern” Nr. 62

k.u.k IR “Ritter von Auffenberg” Nr. 64

and

k.u.k IR “von Rummer” Nr. 98

@1812 OvertureThe reason he was awarded the Austrian Maltese Order was because, as evident by IR 91’s commander, Ernst von Höhnhorst, and his adjutant, Gert von Pflugradt both being awarded the Austrian Militarverdienstkreuz. Austria awarded many decorations to many German soldiers and officers that fought with them, and this man, who was ostensibly a Catholic, was awarded the Austrian Maltese Order during his time fighting in Galicia and part of Romania during the war. 

28 minutes ago, GreyC said:

I would totally go along witth that, what I wonder though, is, whether the Maltese order also implies a function as medic or the like.

GreyC

Hi,

I think a medic would get an enamelled cross, Sanitäter, Lazarettfeldwebel like that.

Regards

Andreas

• 3 weeks later...

@Triadoro, I don’t know what I should do. Theres no justification or explanation that could possibly help. Your thoughts and words, although harsh, are very fair, and I can’t help but hold the opinions of collectors like yourself in the highest utmost regard.

The ribbon bar was given to me as a gift from a relative who recently passed, and thinking I could honor this gift, I erroneously assumed that such a gathering wouldn’t be harmful as I incorrectly convinced myself that it would be better to unite these pieces rather than having them be separated and potentially lost to history, which now, may have been a better alternative. I never intended to be the source of deceit and lies.

How should I proceed or attempt to provide retribution. I feel as though I sinned against God and I must repent for my wrong doings. I feel sick that now forger is associated with my once clean name. Please, I will do anything that you or others recommend I should do, even so much as destroying the bar. 

Even though this may be a luck luster attempt for an explanation and an apology, I hope to perhaps repair any harm and damage that’s been done. 

Regards.

7 hours ago, Nicolas7507 said:

The ribbon bar was sold a few months ago by Weitze.

So the whole story is a put together just like the grouping itself.

Edited by lew

@Triadoro, @lew, and others, thank you all for your fair and valued responses. The story of my relative giving me the ribbon bar was of no fabrication, I didn’t know they purchased it from Weitze, but it makes sense.
    It was after it was gifted to me I began to search for individual pieces that corresponded to the bar; although now my word rightfully so may have lost much of its merit, none of the medals were stripped off of any existing bars as many times awards have been dealt with and separated many times. 

In hopes of not causing anymore “hoodwinking”, “fooling”, or otherwise, I ask what should be done about the bar? Should it be disassembled, divided up and sold? Any degree of recommendation would be most appreciated 

@VtwinVince, I regret that my apology was long winded, and that it all came across as ridiculous. Although a further note of regret may not in anyway repair the situation, I hope that it may not come across as ludicrous to hope that, some form of repentance may not cause what has happened to be forgotten, but possibly lead to my actions forgiveness. 

I know that my name is most likely forever tarnished, I still hope that, even through some means of retribution and repentance, i may still be apart of this community.

Regards. 

I also think you should not be sad, besides, you are very sincere and enthusiastic! If you are not short of money, I suggest not to sell it. After all, this is a gift from your relatives and should be remembered. (I also hope that I have such relatives. Do you have such relatives to introduce to me?:P)