News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PAKISTAN ORDER OF CIVIL BRAVERY - NISHAN SHUJAAT

heusy68

Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to start this topic by paying tribute to Naeem Rashid, who during the attack in Christchurch on 15 March 2019, resisted the attacker, and as a consequence, was injuried and ultimately he losted his life.

For his action, the Government of Pakistan had awarded him the Nishan Shujaat, the highest award for bravery, for a civil.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/05-May-2019/christchurch-mosque-shooting-hero-awarded-pakistan-s-highest-bravery-award 

The award was presented to his widow, Ambreen Naeem

The highest class of the Order of Bravery (ie Nishan Shujaat ) is rarely seen.

The Nishan e Shujaat is the highest civilian honour awarded by the Government of Pakistan for military and civilian acts of conspicuous gallantry, which are not always in the face of an enemy.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Pakistan Nishan Shujaat Present 2019 Type.jpeg

Edited by heusy68

More often you see the Tamgha e Shujaat, the 4th Class of the order of Bravery.

Here you can see the Nishan e Shujaat next to the Sitara e Shujaat (3rd Class of Order Civil Bravery ), then the Tamgha e Shujaat, for you to compare.

The Nishan e Shujaat is silver-gilt & enamel (the center), the Sitara e Shujaat is bronze with enameled center, the Tamgha e Shujaat is bronze.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Pakistan Nishan Shujaat Order Bravery Present 2019 Type.jpg

Pakistan Sitara e Shujaat current type .jpeg

Pakistan Tamgha I Shujaat 2nd Type - Order of Bravery 4th Class 2nd Type.jpg

Edited by heusy68

As I do not know how long a twitter link can last.

Here are the photos of the Sitara e Shujaat to Mrs Tahira Qazi Shaheed.

There is a case of issue for the award itselfs, and another one for the award document.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Pakistan Sitara e Shujaat current type modified photo .jpg

Pakistan Sitara e Shujaat to Mrs Tahira Qazi Shaheed.jpeg

Pakistan Sitara e Shujaat to Mrs Qazi Shaheed.jpeg

Edited by heusy68

Another award of the Sitara e Shujaat ( Star of Bravery ), was on January 2014, Aitzaz Hasan Bangash, who at age 15 saved his schoolmate from a suicidal bomb attack, by tackling the attacker

https://tribune.com.pk/story/657330/aitizaz-hasan-to-be-honoured-with-sitara-e-shujaat 

There is many links referring to his gallantry action, but I spot many tribute page show a photo of another award from Pakistan, another Tamgha I Shujaat, but the one for the Military.

As a civilian, Aitzaz was awarded the Sitara e Shujaat, the civil award. Not the one for bravery for soldiers (they are 2 different awards).

Below is the photo of the award that actually was presented to his family.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Pakistan Sitara e Shujaat to Aitzaz Hassan Bangash 6 Jan 2014.jpeg

Edited by heusy68

It has to be noted that the Shujaat Order existed prior to 1971, but on a 1st Type, with motto in 2 alphabet, those of East Pakistan ( Now Bangladesh ), and those of West Pakistan ( now Pakistan ).

Below you can see Tamgha e Shujaat 1st Type ( 1957-71 ).

Regards.

Emmanuel

1947842724_PakistanMedalofBraveryTamghaiShjaatType1.thumb.jpg.3f84edc8e46d6060a5ca1230b2998f8d.jpg