News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hauptmann a. D. Dr. jur. et rer. pol. Sven Erich von Müller (1893--1964)

Gentlemen, I am looking for the decorations and promotion dates for Sven von Müller until 1920. He was the only son of Admiral Georg Alexander von Müller. He very likely visited the Kadettenkorps (as Peter Murr he wrote the book "Hinter den roten Mauern von Lichterfelde. Erlebnisse in der Kadettenanstalt") and was commissioned with the 1. Garde-Regiment zu Fuß. In WW I he made it to Oberleutnant, probably joined the Freikorps 1919 and was retired as Hauptmann (Charakter???) by the Vorläufige Reichswehr 1920. I would be thankful for any help. Picture? I hardly dare to ask, sadly I couldn't find even one.

Bio from the Stammliste of the 1.GRzF below.

Known decorations are the Fürstlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden, Ehrenkreuz 3. Klasse mit Schwertern (12.4.1916) and the Großherzoglich Badischer Orden vom Zähringer Löwen, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern (25.10.1915).

949976616_MllerSvenvon.thumb.jpg.1811f6579998a7dcf9e5aae939c2e753.jpg

Wonderful, Dave, once again, thanks so much! Here he is with his first wife Margarethe „Mady“ Maria Christians, later he married Jutta Alix Marie-Luise von Coler, daughter of Oberst Ulrich von Coler and the "new Mata Hari" Edith von Coler. I was hoping for (at least) an EK II, seeing he was wounded twice in battle ...

Dr__Sven_von_Müller_mit_seiner_Gemahlin_Mady,_1931.png

Edited by Deutschritter

He no doubt had the EK2. I would surmise, based on his spending most of the war in the field and, as you noted, being twice wounded, that he had the EK1. Also, as a battalion, regimental and brigade adjutant, he was well-situated to be put in for the award since he was in regular contact with the senior officers who made the award recommendations.

• 7 months later...