Hello

Very nice Grant :love: Regretably I don't have any 57 medal bars as yet, but looking at these I feel this gap in my collection will be rectified soon !!

Thanks for showing them.

Hi Grant,

FANTASTIC! :jumping::jumping::jumping::love::love::love: WOW! What I wouldn't give short of my soul for some of those bars... simply beautiful. I'd never even seen mounted bars of 57's till just now... guess I always assumed they had them but never really gave it much thought.

Hey, you ever decide to part with any or come up with any extras let me know and I'll dig and scratch and see if we can work something out. Now to go dig change out of the couch!!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Dan

Nice Bars Grant!! I like the bar with the 1962 Flood Service medal. Do you have any bars with a combination of Bundeswehr medals and TR? I love seeing mixed bars like that!!

Paul

interesting!

but what happend to the eastern peoples award?

it looks like it has a little "moved" hanger, isn't off the normal position?

christian

Hi ,

Yes it is a factory error , they have attached the ring to a sword tip instead of in the middle of the swords making it look tilted .

Regards

Grant

Nice Bars Grant!! I like the bar with the 1962 Flood Service medal. Do you have any bars with a combination of Bundeswehr medals and TR? I love seeing mixed bars like that!!

Paul

Sorry Paul the flood medal is the nearest i have to a mixed 1957 / Bundeswehr medal bar at the moment !

Hi Grant -

Yeah, I was enamored of the enamel ( :rolleyes: ) and just had to have it. I figured I probably would not see that combo ever again. It is a super-quality piece with all early medals - there is a huge difference between these and the later stuff that came out in the 70's. Here's a better shot on my piped arty tunic and one of a five-place bar with the Finnish Cross of Liberty:

Edited by DonC

Nice bars Don :love:

Yes the good thing about the medal bars is that mostly they were made for vets usually in the late 50,s early 60,s so they could wear them on their Bundeswehr uniform and so have nice early quality awards on them . Later made up bars are starting to appear but are easy to spot with silly combo,s .

Hi Sam -

My guess is that the Bulgarian MMO is actually wartime produced. Incredible detail, and I can't see the W. Germans tooling up to produce an award of that quality postr war - the Bulgarians certainly weren't churning out "Fascist" awards under the Sovs. None of the ribbons on the bar glow badly under black light, so I think wartime ribbon was used. The detail on all the medals on that bar are fantastic - the 5 place bar is a later one, and the difference in the medal quality in regards to strike, especially on the LS awards, is marked.

Don