News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1960's Egyptian Commando belt and buckle

Jersey Bouy

It took me a while to ID this belt but thanks to fellow collectors it was ID'd.

It was replaced by a new design in 1973.

Don't know if it is a rare bird but I have yet to see another.

Just came in the mail today and it is NICE!

Enjoy.

s-l1600 (2) (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Jersey Buoy, 

That’s a very nice example of a belt with enameled branch of service insignia, thanks for posting. That’s the arm shield for the Infantry (al-Misha’a in Arabic). That particular design was used until around 2000 (I think, need to consult my notes).

Owain,

Your example may be a keychain. It’s particularly nice in that the reverse reads “Infantry Day, 2 April 1972.” That establishes several things: The specific date for the Infantry branch’s commemorative day, that your award was presented to an exemplary infantry enlisted man or officer, and that this particular design was used as early as 1972.

Best,

Chris

2 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Jersey Buoy, 

That’s a very nice example of a belt with enameled branch of service insignia, thanks for posting. That’s the arm shield for the Infantry (al-Misha’a in Arabic). That particular design was used until around 2000 (I think, need to consult my notes).

Owain,

Your example may be a keychain. It’s particularly nice in that the reverse reads “Infantry Day, 2 April 1972.” That establishes several things: The specific date for the Infantry branch’s commemorative day, that your award was presented to an exemplary infantry enlisted man or officer, and that this particular design was used as early as 1972.

Best,

Chris

Thank you for your informative posting.