News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

USSF Coin?

1 hour ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hi,

the legionnaire in Question was in an OMLT with the 4th ANA brigade... Here pictured with a cap given to him by a member of the 7th SFG. one of his souvenirs was a "Special forces Beret!" ... but it is actually an 82nd red Beret....

x2.jpg

Was it an 82nd beret by the flash, or are you going by the color? 

Since January 1993, non-SF-tabbed personnel in the Army Special Operations Command wear the beret appropriate to their status - maroon for airborne-qualified and tan for Ranger personnel in the 75th RR or RTB or in other USASOC components if they served a minimum amount of time in Regiment. Before the black beret went Army-wide, Ranger-tabbed personnel in Special Forces support positions wore that color. I had a maroon beret with a Group flash and SF crest when I was in an SF battalion signals detachment and in a group HHC.

A maroon beret with a red flash would be appropriate for 7th Group support personnel, including signals, MI/SIGINT, and logistics personnel.