News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partisan Medals - 1st and 2nd Class

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

These guys are what I deem as "Dangerous" line of work. Behind enemy lines. While some got these for being the leaders of Partisans and not for actually fighting ... regardless .. they were behind enemy lines where capture meant CERTAIN death ... not that the regular captives had a much better time :unsure:

Post 'em folks :beer:

How about a 1st Class awarded to Savely Lukitch Grischenko May 18, 1949:

Edited by Darrell

• Replies 96
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh here we go again!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping: I will post mine tonight when I get home!!! :jumping: We had might as well do the "Defense of", "Capture of", and "Liberation of" medals as well... one at a time!

Beautiful documented examples Darrell! I have a solitary undocumented second class as well. Great example Riley!

Guest Darrell

ohh here we go again!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping: I will post mine tonight when I get home!!! :jumping: We had might as well do the "Defense of", "Capture of", and "Liberation of" medals as well... one at a time!

I think if you look back at some of the first posts .. there are already threads for these. Come to think of it .. maybe for this one too :blush:

Edited by Darrell

I think if you look back at some of the first posts .. there are already threads for these. Come to think of it .. maybe for this one too :blush:

I thought of that as well. I will look up the threads before starting a new one...

Here is my Partisan Medal, Second class..

I guess that it could be said that when it came to Partisan medals, he was what we would call a ?double dipper.? Here we have his temporary award certificate issued by Ukrainian Headquarters of Partisan Movement for his 2nd class medal

Thank you very much for the compliment, Stogieman. I certainly agree with your research recommendation, although these NKVD/KGB types often prove to be rather difficult. Also, I need to get in touch with a good source for this type of work. Thanks again, glad you enjoyed it.

Best wishes,

Wild Card