News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Partisan Medals - 1st and 2nd Class

Guest Darrell

• Replies 96
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PARTICIPANT OF THE GPW ID - Issued 12 November 1981 to Prakofiy Ivanovich Hubich. The owner of this certificate is eligible to the privileges provided under Soviet legislation for particpiants of the GPW. No expiry date. Valid on the whole territory of Soviet Union. Measures 196 x 68 mm.

FORMER BELARUS PARTISAN ID - Issued 23 June 1970 by the Regional Soviet of the workers' deputies, Berezinsky Region, Minsk Oblast, Belarus to Prakofiy Ivanovich Hubich. Was a private in the Partisan Detachment No. 340 from 15 July 1943 to 6 July 1944, in Mogylev oblast, Belarus. Measures 148 x 100 mm.

Finally, a small Belarus partisan badge that was apparently given to those "former-partisans" in the 1980s when issued the previous booklets and when they were recognized officially as partisans and participants of the GPW for privileges purposes... But the badge doesn't belong to any of those booklet (in the sense of a documented badge), it's just that they were usually giving badge as well as a booklet to those people.

Edited by matteti

• 1 month later...
    • 5 years later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...

Fantastic thread on a very interesting and rare subject.

May I revive and request some expertise? Looking for some qualified competence and advice on any telltale marks or lookouts to distinguish a fake from a true, era example?

Any longtime Soviet or Russian authorities out there to give us additional and blanket perspective?

Thanks,

M.

• 1 year later...
    On 20/11/2017 at 13:11, Marse said:

... :speechless:

I have this same 'variant' , look at the link below at variation 1.2 (the detailed pic shows the area we are discussing).

I will also say that about 1/2 of these I observe with this stamping (including mine) have a brass ring not a silver one.......

Тип 1.2 ?
    Медаль 'Партизану Отечественной Войны 1 ст.' | Awards in Web

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...
    On 25/07/2019 at 07:03, meyerse said:

I have this same 'variant' , look at the link below at variation 1.2 (the detailed pic shows the area we are discussing).

I will also say that about 1/2 of these I observe with this stamping (including mine) have a brass ring not a silver one.......

Тип 1.2 ?
    Медаль 'Партизану Отечественной Войны 1 ст.' | Awards in Web

I got a 'legit' response from a very reputable dealer on mine and I note Me###Mark## is also selling one of this same variant (photos below). So I believe it is 'good'.  

MedalsMarket Front.jpg

MedalsMarket Back.jpg

Edited by meyerse

Gentlemen, (Marse and mayerse in particular)

While I would defer to true experts, it seems to me the lettering of the obverse isn't quite right. Corrections welcome.

*Edited to add the caveat, and to reduce specificity

Edited by RedMaestro

On 31/08/2020 at 11:00, RedMaestro said:

Gentlemen, (Marse and mayerse in particular)

While I would defer to true experts, it seems to me the lettering of the obverse isn't quite right. Corrections welcome.

*Edited to add the caveat, and to reduce specificity

Welcome opinions, will say the first well know well respected dealer had the same derivative he asserted had well known provenance.I'm feeling pretty good about my particular one after a lot of investigation. Message me if you want to keep your concerns low profile, we can discuss 

Edited by meyerse