News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian badge “EAGLE”

On 21/11/2021 at 08:22, Igor Ostapenko said:

No, this badge never not was gilded . 

It’s two different badges . 

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/btw/bulgaria/bulgaria.shtml

Gilded badges receive germany personal 

5D96E7B1-6F2C-490E-AEDB-EE26CC3A737D.jpeg

4266665E-B9F9-4D2F-9374-4D56F5521621.jpeg

EA6AB8B7-6897-47C6-BFDF-E0861DDB0CDC.jpeg

But silver badge from 1937 receive bulgarian pilots after flying school ? 

Igor, but the documents you posted do not explicitly say "silver grade". 

Igor, don’t bet your life on this book!

There is no such thing as a silvered eagle of this type as per regulations! If you find an original piece, it’s one of a kind! Again the one your are showing is fake!

Hi Lubo,

Welcome to the club.

We will appreciate if you have any evidence backing your opinion.

It is not a rule of those forums, however it will be nice if you have the right information to share with the members of the club.

That way the members will avoid buying those "rare" items that are questionable.

As novice collectors most stick to  standard pieces, since it is safer.

However as we advance our eagerness to buy "rare'  once off pieces to advance our collections grows.

That is why we can get in position  buying this "rare" or once off piece that is not correct not to say fake.

We all have experienced that and we learned from the mistakes. Did we?

Once again Welcome to the Club

Hi Peter, nice to see you are active here, I should’ve come sooner!

Cant wait to see your contributions to the forum.

About the book, unfortunately it’s far from being something you can really rely on, nothing better out there though. 

About the 1937 pattern eagle, all the original pieces coming from Bulgaria and all the original eagles of the sort coming from groupings of German officers ARE GOLD PLATED. I, myself have 8 different variations, I don’t even think that there is as “crazy” person as I used to be about these. I’m missing 3 variations of all the originals that I have ever seen, but lately I just stopped hunting for them.

Thank you for the warm greetings!

Igor, the “white” eagle shown in the book is most likely a fake as well. Supposedly the whole series of these fakes started with an original, but the problem is that no one knows where it is and there is no telling apart, as all of these with the inscriptions were cast in silver.

Hi Lube,

Thank you for the information

I said to myself  the same  when I joined the GMIC in 2011

Always is a nice to be a member to a club where we share our good and bad experience and contribute with our knowledge and expertise I can admit sometimes is getting hot and sparks fly in the air

Yes, We all have this crazy stage in our collector's life I also  have slowed down significantly, nearly to a stop .

I can contribute that is due to the crazy time we have been living for the last 2 years Although we pretend  everything is normal  -it is not And all those events affected also our collecting  We hope for the best

I hope that you can contribute with your knowledge, expertise  and experience to the forums

Best Regards

Graf

Dear Lubomir, Thank You ! 
    Dear Piter, Thank You ! 

you know - from all bulgarian phaleristica I lake Items from Battenberg period, another periods Items - so-so :) 

this “eagle” badge I take with another badge , as a lot . 

what you think about this badge ? Fake too ? 
    very Hi Quality 

9D5ADAA4-69FB-4FDF-9246-1A0A1D609D06.jpeg

69388D61-2BFE-472F-95DF-EA4E1BCE3B4D.jpeg