News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dolf,

i have one about 1250 numbers higher than yours:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1541

The serialnumber on yours is okay IMO. But you are right, 666 is evil!!!! Send it to me and i will do an exorcism with it :cheeky:

Nice Red Stars :cheers: Love them too!

Gerd

Gerd,

I saw yours, on the researched pieces section. Nice one too!

I got this one from a German dealer, so at some moment it was not that far from you :P

The exorcism was ("obviously" :rolleyes: ) the 1st thing I did as soon as I got it, so thanks but everything is fine now :lol:

Dolf :cheers:

• Replies 108
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dolf,

Those are some nice Red Stars

:beer: Doc

Thanks Doc. Anyway, they are all beautiful I guess, only for the fact of being RED and have a 5 arms star shape... ;)

The one on your avatar also seems to have a wonderful red enamel! :love: Is it the one you posted earlier on this thread?

Dolf :cheers:

The reverse

Bryan,

Any idea why they have been converted to "pinback"? :unsure:

Can you please tell the S/N of the one in the left?

Both these seem to be the last variation of T2, right?

But the funny thing is that on the obverse the size of that part where the letters are is not the same on both pieces! The one on the right seems to be larger than the one on the left!

Thanks,

Dolf

PS: I'm talking about the two pieces from your Posts #29 & #30.

Edited by Dolf

Any idea why they have been converted to "pinback"? :unsure:

Can you please tell the S/N of the one in the left?

Both these seem to be the last variation of T2, right?

But the funny thing is that on the obverse the size of that part where the letters are is not the same on both pieces! The one on the right seems to be larger than the one on the left!

Dolf, I guess the veteran didn't like to have holes in his jacket. So he converted them to pinback. That's the only reason I see why he should have done that. Otherwise we will have to ask him! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure of the serial number of the left one. I guess it is # 1788174. These orders are at my home in Canada, so I can't answer you now.

• 1 year later...

Auke,

according to Paul Schmitts Echos of War:

135.957 - 31.12.1943 - Stalingrad Front

147.331 - - Air Defence Forces in Stalingrad

and my observation

132.xxx - - Caucasus Front

regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Guest Rick Research

Red Stars in the range 11X,XXX to 18X,XXX are quite a mess (nobody consults the pinned documented dated ones on this website any more? OK, I haven't added to it in months, but still... :rolleyes: ) are quite a mess, any time November 1942 to June 1943 with higher numbers as early as the first date and lower numbers up to that date.

My best guess on Gerd's will be April-May 1943.

OK, updated (last done 26 December)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7861...st=0#entry75419

Guest Rick Research

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I've never had any below the 10X,XXX range in my paws :( ... and that was when they were "cheap."

Have you asked for research on these, Bill? I don't know if the Winter War one would be available, but sure worth a try. Any of the WW2 numbers THAT low have GOT to be terrific. :beer: