News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I hate to say but this looks like it is a badge that that is a reproduction that was made by a man in the UK..... He was sent to court for making fake and copy badges and medals.....  Mostly from the wrong materials and for a long time fooled a large number of collectors, they were that good, I hate to say even myself.....   It would be a good filler...... Looks like a Scottish Collar badge.....

Mike

Edited by QSAMIKE

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, there are no lions in Scotland.

Having said that, judging from the metal loops on the badge it is typical for a cap or beret badge.

However I haven't come across a British-Scottish or Commonwealth-Scottish unit - yet - solely displaying a lion, any of you?

Below as surely most of you recognize is the Royal Scottish Fusilier Regiment beret badge.

Also showing these distinct arresting loops.

"THE ESSEX AND KENT SCOTTISH-Regiment badge looks entirely different,

Presently I would say this cap or beret lion badge is nothing military

Regards

v.Perlet

Royal Scots Fusiliers.jpg

S1.jpg

badge-the-essex-and-kent-scottish-regiment.jpg

Edited by v.Perlet

It probably doesn't help much, but this "Lion" emblem was used extensively by the former Denbighshire Constabulary, prior to 1967. Denbighshire is a county in the Principality of Wales (UK).

Denbighshire Constabulary ceased to exist in 1967 upon amalgamation with other police forces in the area.

See below an extensive collection of badges from that police force.

Dave.  

Denbighshire.JPG

Hello Dave Wilkinson,

Hm constabulary or police force might be a good idea. Since the badge is stamped Scully of Montreal, might be a Canadian thingy, and there is a company in Montreal - William Scully, who supplies the Canadian government institutions with these kind of items who will celebrate his 150 year anniversary this year.  www.williamscully.ca

Being in China, I can't access this site.

Regards

v.Perlet