News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

(Ireland) Order of Malta Ambulance Corps Medals

This is the newest medal of the 'Ambulance Corps of the Irish Association of the Sovereign Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, Rhodes and Malta', or OMAC for short.

Papal Duty Medal 2018 for service as a medic for the visit of Pope Francis to Ireland in 2018. This is a picture of my friend's medal, I'm yet to receive mine but will be in a few weeks. Issued unnamed. 

While the medals of the Order itself are by definition sovereign medals - of which the Campaign Medal with COVID-19 Clasp is the newest - since this is awarded by the Ambulance Corps as an organisation, and not by the Order's government in Rome as a sovereign entity, this medal is more akin in stature to a medal of the Red Cross.

Papal Duty Medal 2018.PNG

Papal Duty Medal 2018 Reverse.png

• 6 months later...

COVID-19 Medal of the Order of Malta Ambulance Corps, which is part of the Irish Association of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. Unlike the SMOM's COVID medal, which seems to mainly have been awarded to nurses and doctors with Malteser International, this is a medal of the Ambulance Corps only, and not an official national medal. Roughly the same status as a medal from the Red Cross or one of the Australian police or fire services medals that can't be worn on the left breast. I'm not sure the exact details of this medal yet, what the criteria are or whatnot, but given the non unique ribbon and the clasp format, I am guessing that this might be a new GSM type medal. 

image.png.df67e19ee4f77f9294985210de1ee83d.pngimage.png.f1258944e9dfa69902b811058200bac7.png