News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I picked up this RAD woman's brooch with maker mark A.N.G. and missing the pin at an antique show a couple months back in an insignia lot. I saw one like it on Siegmund Stephan's site but it didn't have much info, and a large price tag. Does anybody know how this award was given and to who, and basically any info on it.

Thanks,

Pat

This badge is a commemorative award. It was awarded to all females who had honourably completed their service with the RADwj. It was a kind of "passing out award" & came in three grades metal, which was a dark zinc sort of colour, silver & gold.

I'm a little worried about yours as going by the pictures it looks cast, but it could just be the image.

Here's a picture of one in wear.

Cheers

Don

[attachmentid=37406]

Gents, Here is my silver example. I am curious as to the criteria for earning these awards. Would the higher grades be for time in servide or service duties or a combination of both? Thanks for showing your example and Don the "in wear" photo. Robert :cool:

PS My example is rather light in hand.

Good info,

Mine is made of zinc and I do not think it is cast, the pictures are a little funny. There are no casting lines and the item is pretty light. I saw this exact one with the same pin set-up on Siegmund Stephan's site, also in zinc. I think it is in the Political organizations section if anybody wants to compare.

Thanks,

Pat