News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is E.S mark on the War Medals ERNST SCHNEIDER- LÜDENSCHEID or Eugen Schmidhäussler, Pforzheim?

demir

Hello,

While I was checking some threads here and on other sites, I noticed that E.S marked Turkish War medals might have been produced by EUGEN SCHMİDHÄUSSLER, from PFORZHEIM instead of ERNST SCHNEIDER from LÜDENSCHEID. Both cities were known for their jewelry and medal productions.

Demir

Ernst Schneider, Ludenscheid.jpg

ES  Ernst Schneider, Ludenscheid.JPG

Demir,

I don't think, that this is the mark of a producer, Schmidthäussler or Schneider, because I think, that the producer of this medal is Steinhauer & Lück.

ES or E.S. can stand for a seller.

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

Hello Uwe,
    I asked this question and expected to get this answer. I also thought of E.S as a seller. Even the initials of a collector because apart from the two photos in our Groups, I have not seen any other E.S. anywhere else.

Will you please tell me what you think about the medals with no mirror image (die-clash) but strawberry-seed and snail-egg toughra obverse? Or in other words; Did S&L produce medals without mirror image? I think they did not, but makers of Lüdenscheid used the same obverse design and attached their pin system during the production.

Best wishes

Demir

Edited by demir

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for the reply. I already know this thread of yours.

IMO the strawberry design/pattern on the S&L generally is less pronounced than the medals with strawberry design and non-mirror image. So I think non-mirror-image medals were not S&L. 

Best wishes

Demir