News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification of Imperial German uniform and sword

My limited research indicates that the sword may be a Imperial German Cuirassier's sword with its flat pommel. Can more knowledgeable members identify the uniform and sword? On line references will also be appreciated.

Old photos_0004.jpg

He has earned himself the Fechtabzeichnen 2nd. class (double Chevron on his sleeve). Is a photographer named on the back or a city?

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Unfortunately the name of the photographer does not appear on the back of that photo. The gentleman in the photo is a unnamed distant relation and I would be interested in his unit/branch of service and rank if that can be ascertained from the photo. Photos scans of the back of other photos that have been passed down to me are attached. Unfortunately, both my grandparents John Ostrosky and Theofila (Preuss) passed away while I was very young and I never knew them. If you are able to extract any information regarding my ancestors from the information an inscriptions on the back I would be most interested

1.jpg

1a.jpg

4.jpg

4a.jpg

2.jpg