News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 EK2 Any idea on maker?

No maker's mark on ring. No idea if anyone can ID maker or not. Proper three piece construction, magnetic, a VERY tiny bit of movement of the core in the frame. Other than needing a ribbon it's a beautiful EK in hand. Many thanks in advance for any help. Dan

1229977590_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.eb1e74a8c01756fe9542c4b9d44d14e2.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.6b2c7d33b9459caa4fa8e83f5f7bd7a1.jpg

Edited by Hauptmann

Hauptmann,

A nice looking cross and with that distinctive 'out of kilter' number 4 you would think it would be cinch to ID its maker. But it has me totally flummoxed. Rothe u. Neffe came to mind but the reverse core says not. Hopefully, someone here can offer you a better opinion. Thanks for posting.  

From what I know, this cross is probably too generic to be attributed to a certain maker, due to all the core swapping and so on among the official makers of Great War era award type crosses - sorry!

14 hours ago, Peter Cornwell said:

Rothe u. Neffe came to mind (...)  

I'm not aware this Vienna(!) maker produced contemporary award type crosses. Is this attribution from one of these unsourced online lists? Just doesn't sound plausible and right to me...

Deeply appreciate the comments. It's a beautiful cross... had hoped to find the maker but if not possible I'm still very happy with it and glad I was able to obtain it. Again my deepest thanks!

9 hours ago, saschaw said:

I'm not aware this Vienna(!) maker produced contemporary award type crosses. Is this attribution from one of these unsourced online lists? Just doesn't sound plausible and right to me...

Saschaw,

No unsourced lists but comparison with images stored over the years attributed (rightly or wrongly) to different makers. As I said, no good match but Rothe u. Neffe had been my first thought but soon discounted.