News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some New Items for Several of My Collections

I've recently received some new bits for various areas of interest. I think the two that top he list are a QAIMNS cap badge finally!!! And, a Princess Royal's Volunteer Corps/FANY  beret with officers cap badge. I have been desperately trying to get the officers and OR  badges for some time, with no luck. I do not plan to remove the badge from the beret, so am still seeking them. You will see several new Scottish badges and a nice, named QARANC grouping. Also, very pleased to get the P&O Lines officers cap badge and a pair of P&O nurses shoulder boards.  My interest in these is that the SS Uganda, a P&O student cruise ship was requested for service in he RN for the Falklands Conflict. Her civilian crew stayed with her and served throughout the conflict, including the P&O nurses who were of great help to the 40 QARNNS nurses serving aboard her. Other items include several WI pins, a FANY pin, an interesting HG pin and a nice lot of Army Chaplain patches.

Terry

DSCF5062.JPG

DSCF5059.JPG

DSCF5061.JPG

DSCF5058.JPG

DSCF5057.JPG

DSCF5039.JPG

DSCF5042.JPG

DSCF5038.JPG

DSCF5036.JPG

DSCF5037.JPG

Lt Patricia Marston who served in the Qaranc during the 1950s 1 j - Copy.jpg

DSCF5076.JPG

DSCF5081.JPG

DSCF5069.JPG

DSCF5068.JPG

DSCF5067.JPG

DSCF5066.JPG

• 1 month later...

A few more badges arrived from one of my favorite dealers in the UK. Tyneside has turned out to be a restrike. Always exciting when new pieces arrive. Looking forward to a big batch shipment from my UK friend late  next week...I hope! Now to pick up a few new tartan backing pieces.

Terry

DSCF5148.JPG

DSCF5150.JPG

DSCF5151.JPG

DSCF5152.JPG

DSCF5158.JPG

DSCF5154.JPG

DSCF5155.JPG

DSCF5156.JPG

Edited by Terry37

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to better storing my RN Cap tallies. The four Hospital ships in he Falkland's are all post period, i.e. after the conflict, but still happy to have them. I want to replace my HMS Hydra tally as that one tape residue all over he back which detracts from it I think. The other lot of tallies are all Falklands vintage, and the HMS Coventry is the real gem there. For now they are safe in these acid free pages until I figure out exactly how I want to display them.

A friend also sent me a really nice silk and lace RAMC handkerchief, but the silk holding the outer fringe was all but gone due to age and just could not repaired, so I carefully removed the central portion which is all intact and framed it. I only had a piece of red paper for backing, but will pick up a darker, ruby red and replace it next time I am out running errands. I think it will look better then. 

Terry

DSCF5197.JPG

DSCF5198.JPG

DSCF5196.JPG