News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgaria Military Merit w Prince Crown

Hard to tell from the photos if this award was made this way or Tsar crown was replaced with Prince one. To be sure need to see this cross in person.

Anyway, listed by a well known dealer for multiples of what these crosses sell for.  

Dealer description:

Bulgaria, Kingdom. A National Order for Military Merit with Princely Crown, IV Class Officer, Extremely Rare

(Национален орден за военна заслуга). Instituted in 1900. Multi-piece construction, in bronze gilt with red, white and green enamels, unmarked, extremely rare as the cross is surmounted by the Princely Crown; only a few such crosses were manufactured, measuring 50.8 mm (w) x 76 mm (h) inclusive of its princely crown suspension, very light contact, large rosette affixed to its original triangular ribbon with hook and eye, extremely fine. Cross in the top condition, and of highest rarity. 

MM_PC_1.jpg

MM_PC_2.jpg

MM_PC_3.jpg

Edited by new world

More of a donkey than a mule, crown is almost certainly  the child of a civil merit order, some moron will part with good cash for it. Why can't I meet such people and end up rich.

For those not au fait with the Bulgarian Orders system, while the date on the reverse of the Military medal is given as 1891 (the same as the Civil Merit) it was not created until 1900 by which time the Imperial crown had replaced the Princely one, it's just so sad that two perfectly nice orders have been bastardised.

P

Hi,

The dealer is eMedals, known of selling several "unusual Bulgarian orders and Sets in the past

I personally, will not depart with nearly 2000 US dollars for questionable item. It is on Auction on their site for $1600 plus com of 22% In addition this dealer started running very questionable and odd Auction Sales with no any transparency and with odd changing of the end time  of the Auction and few more questionable practices

Not to mention many "collectors"  copies of different Orders from Europe

Well till we have ignorant buyers with extra money to spend those practices will continue

Paul Wood is spot on

Picture 432.jpg

010.JPG

Edited by Graf

• 2 weeks later...

New World,

On 18/07/2022 at 23:38, new world said:

I would be surprised if anyone buys this award for such price.

My guess is this is some sort of consignment item and after it's not sold it will go back to the owner.

It looks like your guess was correct

On 18/07/2022 at 23:38, new world said:

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...
    7 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

This piece is back on auction on the same dealer's website, with a starting bid of $1,475. No bids yet, with a week to go.

Yes I saw it Good Luck The items is very questionable  for a advanced collector to buy it and also is very high for a new collector to bid We will see

Personally i will not bid Also i lost confidence with this seller His Auctions are very questionable at least

On 07/08/2023 at 00:42, Ferdinand said:

This piece is back on auction on the same dealer's website, with a starting bid of $1,475. No bids yet, with a week to go.

I am following the sale It is blunt wrong