News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

is this Franz Joseph Order looks great?

It appears to be legit and yes, it´s made from gold. You can recognize that on the hallmarks on the ring and on the hinge of the center backside medaillon.

What´s the price?

Kindest regards

Christian

Edited by Christian1962

5 小时前,Christian1962 说:

它看起来是您的合法,是的,它是用黄金制成的。可以在婚礼上的标志和中心颁发章的公开链上认出这一点。

价钱多少?

最亲爱的问候

基督教

您好,卖家提供此件 1570 欧元不带外壳,仅此件。1570欧元买这个值吗?

ps:我看到的标记是(3 an animal mark A)

5 hours ago, Christian1962 said:

它似乎是合法的,是的,它是用黄金制成的。您可以在戒指上的标志和中心背面奖章的铰链上认出这一点。

价钱多少?

最亲切的问候

基督教

sorry, some error occured in translation software, the seller offer this pieces for 1570EUR without case,only pieces,its worth to buy it or not?

PS: the mark i can see is ( 3 an animal mark A)

thanks in advance

Edited by wangyaokang2003

thanks a lot about you reply,but i still have a little question about this ,seller offer me a red cross with case Fjo + red cross with case he offer me 2400eur (China have high tariff for 25% to these )for these pieces, i will post picture below,i wonder if its worth to buy these?and this red cross is rare or not? thanks in advance!

wyk

4 hours ago, Christian1962 said:

Price depends on your local market I would say. Here in Austria it´s not a really rare item. Gold FJO with case go up to 1.500 €. Without case I would not pay more then 1.000 €.

Here a link to Dorotheum in Vienna: https://www.dorotheum.com/de/l/7388794/

Kindest regards

Christian

Screenshot_20220808_234247_com.taobao.idlefish.jpg

The "Offizierskreuz des Roten Kreuzes" is not very rare. As you can see the case is in bad condition. A very good peace with case will cost 600 €. Ask for a pic of the backside, there are two different kinds of mounting.

You can see it here: https://www.dorotheum.com/de/l/6734487/

I am not sure now: the seller want´s 2.400 € for both - Franz Joseph (as shown above) AND Red Cross? This is too much in my opinion. Maybe it´s worth 1.300 - 1.500 for both if the backside of the Red Cross is okay.

Regards

Christian

1 hour ago, Christian1962 said:

The "Offizierskreuz des Roten Kreuzes" is not very rare. As you can see the case is in bad condition. A very good peace with case will cost 600 €. Ask for a pic of the backside, there are two different kinds of mounting.

You can see it here: https://www.dorotheum.com/de/l/6734487/

I am not sure now: the seller want´s 2.400 € for both - Franz Joseph (as shown above) AND Red Cross? This is too much in my opinion. Maybe it´s worth 1.300 - 1.500 for both if the backside of the Red Cross is okay.

Regards

Christian

l have only one pic about the back side of red cross ,the seller last offer is 2100EUR for these two pieces,to collect austria-hungary is getting more and more expensive in china? i guess

many thanks!

Screenshot_20220809_011117_com.taobao.idlefish.jpg

Hello,

the Franz Josef Orden that started this thread, is a fine piece in gold, made by V. Mayer's Söhne, Vienna, at the end of 19th Century, up to 1914.

The "war ribbon" with swords, indicates an award from 1916 onwards, where most decorations of this order were made in gilt bronze already, although exceptions were quite common. I can say, that the ribbon is also original and a fine one too.

Re. the price: it can vary, depending on where it is sold, and who's the seller. I'd suggest to keep an eye on what's offered by European dealers and auction houses and decide accordingly. This means of course, all the necessary import fees.

Another thing is what I call the "case frenzy", where as we read, a case influences a prospective price up to 1/3 of the overall value. Something I consider -permit me- just insane.

Personally, I consider a case just a "plus" to a piece, where the piece itself -in my opinion- should have the "Hauptrolle", both historically and commercially.

Best wishes,

Enzo (E.L.)

• 1 month later...

Another thing is what I call the "case frenzy", where as we read, a case influences a prospective price up to 1/3 of the overall value. Something I consider -permit me- just insane.

Personally, I consider a case just a "plus" to a piece, where the piece itself -in my opinion- should have the "Hauptrolle", both historically and commercially.

Very well said Enzo I know collectors that they will not buy excellent items because they come without case/box.

I personally buy as they come across and if case/box comes later and on reasonable price I will buy it