News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar identification help needed

Dear all,

Picked up this set at auction recently. Have been trying to get this identified with one of the pre-war ranklists but so far without succes.

I have primairily looked at the Lippe related units because there's quite a lot of Lippe in this set;

7; Lippe faithfull service cross for combattants
    8; Lippe kvk
    16; Lippe faithfull service cross for non-combattants

No. 13; Lippe Houseorder?

In these units I searched for one or some combination of; Crown order and/or Lippe houseorder and/or Reuss honour cross (ribbons 12, 13 and 14).

I have looked at the units of the 13th division which consisted of people from Westphalia, Lippe-Detmold and Schaumburg-Lippe (https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/13th_Division_(German_Empire).

I am probably missing something. Can anybody help? Any help appreciated :cheers:

Best, Peter

046ff2e6-471a-4e83-a86c-ae970176ea7d.jpg

1d2f1dfd-e587-4c9d-a301-ae9701760670.jpg

Edited by drspeck

A lovely "long and short" ensemble, probably made by Gebr. Godet & Co.! The lack of a long service medal makes me think young Hauptmann, and due to the sheer amount of war awards probably in the Generalstab, or possibly attached to some famous, highly decorated general?!

3 hours ago, drspeck said:

16; Lippe faithfull service cross for non-combattants

This is most likely not another(!) Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz für treue Dienste 1914, but their Erinnerungsmedaille an die Silberne Hochzeit.

Given this would not be mentioned in a rank list, this information is admittedly of not too much help...

:blush:

R02725 - 03478 b2.jpeg

R02725 - 03478 c2.jpeg

Edited by saschaw

Well the second one sems to be the HOH3X, we have some members here generating the list of all wearers of this one, so they should probably know the officiers from the Lippe states, who had them, this would be my start. 

Edited by BlackcowboyBS

Peter, a very nice Godet set!!!

Congratulations and David M. might get jealous.

glass clear ID of a unique set of decorations.

Louis Müldner von Mülnheim,  

he was born 1.4.1876 in Angermünde, died 26.4.1945 in Potsdam;

in 1914, Captain, Adjutant of the 4th Guards Infantry brigade, later Company Commander in RIR 261, followed by an assginment in the General Staff,  in 1916 ...drumrolls...he became the Adjutant of the German Crown Prince, got promoted Major, after the war he still served as the Crown Princes Adjutant and Chef of his Court Administration.

Best,

Daniel

9 hours ago, Daniel Krause said:

Peter, a very nice Godet set!!!

Congratulations and David M. might get jealous.

glass clear ID of a unique set of decorations.

Louis Müldner von Mülnheim,  

he was born 1.4.1876 in Angermünde, died 26.4.1945 in Potsdam;

in 1914, Captain, Adjutant of the 4th Guards Infantry brigade, later Company Commander in RIR 261, followed by an assginment in the General Staff,  in 1916 ...drumrolls...he became the Adjutant of the German Crown Prince, got promoted Major, after the war he still served as the Crown Princes Adjutant and Chef of his Court Administration.

Best,

Daniel

Daniel, that's very cool, many thanks :jumping: next round is on me :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Found his entry in the 1907 rank list ?

Louis Müldner von Mülnheim.jpg

And his entry in the 1914 rank list ?

Louis Müldner von Mülnheim 2.jpg

Edited by drspeck