News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello again,

Here is an unmarked NSDAP membership pin made out of tombak (or some mixture of copper) I believe and I was wondering if it is an early issue, based on the merits of the material it is made of and no RZM marking. Is it common to have no RZM marking on a membership badge? It does have the Ges.Gesch marking on the pin holding and the badge itself. I am fairly confident of its originality and any info on when it was made or the maker would be much appreciated as well as any opinions on originality.

Thanks for all the help so far,

Pat

Well I like it.

I would hazard a guess that it was made during the period between 1926-1934 - - but by whom I know not. The RZM mark appears on badges from the 1934/35 period onwards.

Hope this helps.

Edited by DanCz

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the help on the NSDAP enamel member badge guys,

I just acquired a couple more member badges from a fellow GMIC member and would like to show them off. First up is a DVG Westmark member pin, with maker W. Redo, Saarlautern. This pin was posted recently, but I thought I would re-post it with the new scans and new owner. I especially like the red enamel with the beading underneath, a really nice pin. The reverse has a little piece of the pin glued back on, but it is all there. I believe this was for Nazi supporters by the border with France and in France in the Saar region. Any comments on this badge?

Thanks again,

Pat :blush:

And the second of my new additions is this late-war painted NSDAP member pin, with maker mark M1/163. This one maintains a very good finish with all of the paint, just slight discoloration on the white. All in all, a nice original in really good shape I would say. Any opinions on the NSDAP painted member badge?

Thanks,

Pat

• 4 months later...

Thanks JNoble, your expertise is always welcome :beer:

Here is another of my grandfather's bringbacks from the war, an M1/92 marked late-war painted zinc NSDAP membership pin. In decent shape, but all the black paint on the swaz is missing. Nothing special to look at, but part of my most valued collection. :blush:

Cheers,

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Pat,

Your M1/92 is a mid-war Karl Wild badge the factory was in Hamburg nice one. :beer:

Thanks JNoble, that is very interesting that it was made in Hamburg as that is where my gramps got it, in the Hamburg area. It is part of a group of items I will never part with!

Cheers,

Pat

• 4 months later...
    • 6 years later...

HELP!

I just purchased a Westmark D.V.G. (LOTHR) Nazi badge and im a bit skepitical as to its authenticity. It seems to have the right petina but the only markings on the back are the M1/129 mark and the RZM circular mark directly above the M1/129. Also the swazi is brilliant red and enameled but dosent seem to have the "pebbling" so obvious on other badges. I read on another forum that the M in M1 is often the way to tell if you have a fake. If it's fake the M will be rounded on top or look similar to the Mcdonalds M. Mine looks like niether. The M on mine is sharply squared off at the tops.

I purchased from a very reputable dealer in my home town, not knowing that this badge is highly faked. I'm new to badge collecting so any help will be greatly appreciated.

image244059.jpgimage244058.jpg.

Edited by u2zoo24

Welcome to the forum.

From what I can see in these pictures (larger ones would help more) I'm afraid that this is indeed a fake. The quality of the enamel looks poor, but the biggest clue is the shape of the pin plate. This one lookes to be the narrow "coffin" shaped plate which is often seen on modern fakes. But as I say, larger pictures would help more.

There is a thread here for the Westmark pin both showing originals & fakes http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11163

Cheers

Don