News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Black Painted Canadian Cap Badges

Hi all,

I have always liked the ww2 or earlier Canadian Cap Badges (being a patriotic Canadian) and my favourites include the ones made of copper and painted black. They look sharp and are a little rarer. If everyone would like to post their black painted Canadian cap badges that would be great. I will start with a couple of mine.

First, the Victoria Rifles of Canada ww2 issue.

Pat

The back of the Regina Rifle Regiment cap badge (again with the low-fi replacement pin)...

Hallo Avitas :beer:

Nice Canadian Badges :jumping: however it might be easier to see the pictures if the background was a grey or lighter colour, Black on Black might be very nice in different circumstances :ninja: but here the definition of the badges gets lost, also can you remove the "homemade clip" it looks real "goofey" no insult intended to you, and hides the detail of the badges :D

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Hi Kevin, no insult taken. I am just starting and any advice is always welcome. I will post better pics soon for the archival sake and make sure to find a piece of cardboard or something for background on my scanner (I tried paper but it bent too much and left bad shadows). Any advice on this subject from anyone else is welcome as well, also post your black painted Canadian Cap badges for comparison! :love:

Thanks again,

Pat

P.S. What's so wrong with Black on Black, a wonderful colour combination any day. :cheeky: That's 90% of my wardrobe!

Hi Kevin, no insult taken. I am just starting and any advice is always welcome. I will post better pics soon for the archival sake and make sure to find a piece of cardboard or something for background on my scanner (I tried paper but it bent too much and left bad shadows). Any advice on this subject from anyone else is welcome as well, also post your black painted Canadian Cap badges for comparison! :love:

Thanks again,

Pat

P.S. What's so wrong with Black on Black, a wonderful colour combination any day. :cheeky: That's 90% of my wardrobe!

Hallo Avitas, :beer: try fixing the badges to a piece of card, or cloth when you scan, I used to leave the top of the scanner up and cover the objects with a towl or some similar neutral cloth for a background, its all about trial and error, and belive me there is more error than trial :P

With regard black on black, I was reffering only to the badges being black, to black background, if you are into black "Jimmie Jams" :cheeky: then thats up to you, my prefered colour combo is green and brown with a sutle touch of sand and black thrown in, or as the wife reffers to it "Bloody Camo"

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hi Micheal

Thanks for the info. :cheers: Would you have one to show? Was that WW2 and older?

I have a King's crown version in my collection - yard work permitting I'll try to get the scanner on it.

I also have some earlier (pre-1914) blackened brass helmet plates. 49th Hastings Rifles and 38th Dufferin and Haldimand Rifles. Unfortunately someone cleaned my 20th Halton Rifles 1908 Star pattern HP centre.

Edited by Michael Johnson

• 5 years later...

Almost done this update on my transferable Canadian item posts, here is one more to move to the Canadian section. I am just happy to see a specific section for the Commonwealth Realms, and most of my early posts belong there. Thanks again!

Pat