News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1970 Lenin Jubilee Medals

Guest Rick Research

Gerd,

I can't believe no one told me about this forum!

If there's interest, I can post alot of stuff...

Rusty.

Rusty,

this is a good forum with a nice athmospere, you will like it, i guess.

If there is interest? You must be kidding... ;) PLEASE go ahead and show us some of your gems :cheers:

Gerd

Rusty,

I'm sure of this :P !!!! That's simply called the "Magic French Touch" :rolleyes: ...

We had a nice and pleasant day together. Too short... but enough to give you some flavours of Paris. Maybe next time will be longer...

Kisses to Liliya. :love:

Cheers.

Ch.

Hello,

My name is Rusty. I just found this forum and I see some familiar nicks here!

Here's my contribution to this thread:

There's also a 3rd type of this award awarded to foreigners.

Rusty.

I also made it here Guys (dannybou). If I can add to Rusty's post, the third type was issued to foreigners and about 5000 were issued which makes it very rare (R4).

Guest Rick Research

A few more: although wearing the uniform of a naval Captain Second Rank, identified as "Lieutenant Colonel of Technical Services" Aleksei Afanasievich Gritschenko of Unit 90016. No date:

[attachmentid=15942]

No Lieutenants School graduation badge at all, a loose 1970 Lenin Jubilee, and -- CORRECTLY for once!!-- individually mounted medals worn "Frack" style 1965, 1968, 15, and 10.

Air Force Aviation Engineering Service Major Vladimir Ivanovich Karchenko, 1 September 1971:

[attachmentid=15943]

on the staff of Perm Military Aviation Technical School "in the name of Leninsky Komsomol," wearing a 1950s AvTech lieutenants' school graduate badge, unclassed M1958 flight engineer wings, a 1970 Lenin, ad what at first glance seems a proper Frack "bottom up" individually mounted bunch of loose medals--

MMM, Victory Over Germany, 1965, 1968, and 20 Years Service BUT-- where are his 1948, 1958, and 15 Years Service Medals? :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

These "recent" officers are going to drive me :speechless::speechless::speechless: with their improper/incomplete wear of awards!!!!! :shame:

Guest Rick Research

Exactly! And the next thing you knew, Khomer Simpsonov wasn't watching the dials at Chernobyl and... :speechless1:

Order! Discipline! :violent:

I have a wastebasket brought back by my sister's godfather which threatens Wehrmacht office denizens: "Reinlichkeit oder Ru?land! Sauberkeit oder Sibirien!" Pour encourager les autres....

Once the little things start sliding.... :rolleyes:

Oddly enough, as I work through my latest PILE of personnel photos, no problems in the 1940s ("inspired by the glorious example of Vozhd Stalin...")... no problems in the 1950s ("who IS this guy Khruschev? better stay on our toes...") but along come the 1960s...

sideburns...

it was THE BEATLES!!!!! :cheeky: