News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Canadian and other British Empire Cap Badges

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one of my faves, the RCAF cap badge in nice condition. My grandfather was in the RCAF so anything RCAF has a special meaning for me. A beauty cap badge IMHO.

Pat

and the back of this minty RCAF ww2 cap badge. Please feel free to comment on this or any other of the many Canadian ww2 cap badges I have posted so far. There are plenty of cap badges available here in the Okanagan, where many military personnel come to retire.

Pat

Last one for today, for all the doctors and medics out there, my Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps ww2 Cap badge. A nice badge to have in the collection, I would say.

Pat

and the reverse of the RCAMC cap badge. Hope you are enjoying these cap badges as I know I sure do. There are so many different ones to collect, and I am just getting started. Hope to hear your comments on these badges, which I think are all ww2 issue.

Cheers :cheers:

Pat

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Here is another badge I didn't have a chance to post before my vacation, a ww2 RCEME (Royal Canadian Engineers & Mechanics) cap badge. It is in good shape and very little tarnish. Nice cap badge overall.

Pat

Thanks for the clarification Larry!

I really need to find a good book on Canadian insignias, any recommendations? I have seen one good one but it has been out of print for a while. Thanks for looking at these Canadian cap badges!

Pat

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

Picked up a couple more today for the Canuck collection. First up is a British Columbia Dragoons cap badge that has been polished with emery so it has lost some detail and missing one lug, but the price was right! I am a born and bred British Columbian so I will buy any BC related militaria! :P Here are the scans,

Cheers,

Pat

The second piece I got today, and Elgin Regiment of Canada badge. I love the scenic pic of the beaver in his natural habitat, great design! If it wasn't for the oxidation on the edges it would be minty, but a nice ww2 cap badge nonetheless. Thanks for looking and please feel free to leave any comments!

Pat

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Here is a cap badge I mistakenly thought was British but in fact I believe now is for the Canadian Fusiliers, City of London Regiment. It matches the one on canadiansoldiers.com but the British maker threw me off. I imagine it was made in Britain for the Canadian Regiment during wartime, or maybe I am mistaken on it being made in Britain as well. Any clarification of confirmation is helpful.

Cheers,

Pat

Hello again,

Went to the Vernon fall antique show and found a few goodies yesterday. Mostly Canadian items there, with only my regular dealers with some German and other stuff, but nothing new. Did pick up some nice cap/collar badges though (for real cheap!). My fave of the bunch is another beauty Rocky Mountain Rangers, with the attached clip on the reverse. Excellent badge!

Cheers,

Pat

Next of my antique show pick-ups is a nice ww2 Lord Strathcona's Horse Royal Canadians cap badge (this regiment is still active in Afghanistan right now). It is in excellent shape with great finish and I will be picking up a pin for the back tomorrow. Thanks for looking and any comments and help on the other questions mentioned previously are appreciated.

Cheers,

Pat