News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Just thought I'd put a few of my stickpins up for discussion. I have a couple I am not sure of and a couple I think are good, so here we go. First up is a 1940 Stickpin that I think is for a sports organization, but not quite sure. It has lost most of its original finish but maintains the enamel swaztika in the center. Any ideas on the originality and purpose of this stickpin?

Thanks,

Pat

Here is another stickpin, a Hitler Youth HJ membership pin that I believe to be a modern copy. I hope I am wrong so if anyone has any thoughts on this pin it would be appreciated. It just seems a little too clean...

Pat

Hi Pat,

I'm not too excited about the NSRL pin. There are a couple of features on these pins that I would expect to be consistant on all original pieces i.g. there is a distinct center ridge above the swastika, the tips of the feathers form a straight line at the bottom, the top of the "shoulders" are squared and there are visible claws. With the four anomalies featured on your pin, I would be very hesitant. But hey, I might be wrong, but always open for new information ;)

KR

Peter

Yes, and look at the head and beak of the Eagle. It would be interesting to find another 1940. Perhaps another member can show their example. I too do not have one of these in my collection. Robert

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice, bur I would like to see another 1940 model pin before I give up on this one. It is die-struck (definitely not a casting) and seems to be period material. I think it would be possible for a few die characteristics to change over a couple years and maybe different makers with different dies. I guess we'll have to see if anyone else has one.

Pat :blush:

Another stickpin for discussion, I really am not sure about where this one fits in. It is the German eagle with no crowns or swaztikas. It is in pristine shape which leaves me to believe it is a modern copy, but it might be a DDR stickpin as well, or a Imperial copy. Can anybody shed some light for me?

Cheers,

Pat

I'm afraid, to my mind also, the sports pin is not good. Here is my 1939 example: as you can see it is in line with the example posted by Peter. To me, there looks to be quite a difference in quality between mine and Peter's examples and the one in question: aside from the features already mentioned, just look at the eagle's head. It doesn't seem to have the severity of expression that I would expect for a period pin.

The above said, I could always be mistaken and am voicing my opinion only. Not a pin I do or would feel comfortable with though. Sorry!

Best regards,

Toby.

Guest WAR LORD

The 1940 sports badge, I believe to be a fake. The striking for each year is the same. The diferences have been well shown by Peter.