News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Soviet Ribbon Bars

The latest additions to the ribbon collection. On the first two I could use some help in ID'ing a couple of the ribbons.

On this first one I don't think the last ribbon is Soviet... so could use an ID on that one:

And on this one I'm in the same boat with the last ribbon. I've checked the Soviet ribbon chart for both of them with no luck.

Those two can be East Germany or some other country from east during communist period (Hungary, Polish, etc). But check East germany first I quesscheers.gif Never seen this type of pin system and I am pretty sure russians didnt use it!

Thin Soviet ribbon bar I think is classical 70s up to 90s, what was possible to buy from Voentorg shops (("Voyennaya torgovlia") and vet, service man or even civilian, who had order book to show with his entitlments was able to buy this rack and built together his own ribbon bar.

I have one very nice 100% civilian similiar size ribbon bar, what I can post it up today after work.cheers.gif

Well, looked on the DDR and any other Warsaw Pac countries on the Ribbons of the World site with no luck. Hoping someone out there will recognize them. Oh how I wish Rick were around as I'm fairly sure he'd be able to nail them between jumping tall buildings with single bounds.

Sigh.

RICK I MISS YOU!!!! GREAT PUMPKIN WHERE ARE YOU????unsure.gif

Dancheers.gif

Regarding your different pin system two place bar, please check modern Russia ribbons as well just in case. It has to be something from this part of the world.

Smaller size custom bars are nice if you know the owner or you can be sure that they are not made up.

Here is my pure civilian bar what I got lately. It is always harder to find this.

I was thinking about your two bars....

Two place one maybe can be, if you turn it "right way":

- Order For Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces 3rd class

- 70 Years Since The Creation Of The Soviet Armed Forces

In this case this bar is from 1988 and upblush.gif

Three place:

- Distinguished Military Service (1st or 2nd class)

- ???

Or the last award should be the first, what would make moe sence in this case.blush.gif

I was thinking about your two bars....

Two place one maybe can be, if you turn it "right way":

- Order For Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces 3rd class

In this case this bar is from 1988 and upblush.gif

Hi Timo,

First off, deeply appreciate your help on these.beer.gif But on this one... a good guess but not correct. I just rechecked the Red Bible again re: the ribbon chart in the back and although close the OSH's are on light blue ribbon with yellow stripes... three in the case of the 3rd class. But of course mine is light blue, dark blue and yellow. Very close but not the same. So still a puzzler.unsure.gif

I know the answer is out there... just gotta find it.

Thanks,beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 4 months later...

And on this one I'm in the same boat with the last ribbon. I've checked the Soviet ribbon chart for both of them with no luck.

post-873-126673147338.jpg

If I can humbly contribute, the first ribbon is DEFINITELY the "70 Years Since The Creation Of The Soviet Armed Forces", the other one is the Ukrainian "Medal for Irreprocheable Service" 3rd class (for 10-year service I believe) :rolleyes:

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

• 2 years later...

But here's the reverse... only inscribed ribbon bar I've ever seen... Soviet or otherwise:

Here's the translation... my deepest thanks to Auke for helping out on this one:

"N.P. Sokolov, 1 Tyasmenskaya Street, village of Krasnoselye, Aleksandrovka Raion, Kirovograd Oblast".

I'm wondering if it might be possible to research this one.

I just love unusual pieces like this and thank God that He makes them available to me.

Dan :cheers: