News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bundeswehr Officer,s Tunic and Visor .

Enjoy !

Hi Grant,

Extremely nice set (drool, drool, covet... heavy on the covet! :rolleyes: ). It's a shame as so many West German caps and uniforms have been butchered by folks to make up TR stuff... same with DDR pieces. It's so refreshing to see a nice set that's been kept together. With some awards on that puppy it would be a knock down drag out beauty contest winner! :D

I hope I'm lucky enough to find as nice a set some day to go with my small (but I hope ever growing) Bundeswehr awards. You are truly a lucky man! :beer:

Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Dan

Grant,

I have never been into the 1957/West German militaria, but this is the most impressive set I have seen in that field!!! Belated congrats!!! I can hardly wait to see it with the ribbons reapplied!

Paul

Amen to Paul's comment. Just a beautiful set! :love::love: Especially the bullion boards :love::jumping: and the embroidery on the cap. I've never seen them done like that... have only run into the basic run of the mill stuff you see at most surplus stores... or did once upon a time.

I would simply love to get a nice set like this... just terrific! :jumping::jumping:

Again you are a lucky man Grant! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Bullion arm badge , if anyone knows what it relate,s to i,d be grateful !!

Hallo Grant, nice tunic set :jumping:

I think this one, thats in my possesion is a more later version or other-ranks version.

5th Panzer Division of the Bundswehr. / 5th Armoured Division.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

• 1 month later...

Grant,

I believe the uniforms with the bullion accessories were used for parade purposes. I have a number of this type of uniform but can not post pictures as they are all in storage because I am in the process of moving to Budapest for three years. The regular woven accessories appear to be for regular service use. I look forward to seeing the uniform when the the ribbon bar has been sewn back on. A very nice set.

Regards,

Gordon

The bullion accessories can be found on all self bought dress uniforms of sergants and commissioned officers.

Just the bullion shoulder boards are more rare because after every promotion you need to buy new ones instead of just putting and additional star on them.

Here an example of a modern uniform with bullion accessories.

• 5 years later...

Grant.. your "Martin Steglich" tunic is a superb example, I love these tunics with embroidered insignia, especially the rank stars ! however the Verbandsabzeichen (armshield) is not for the 5th Panzer Division...same design but with a red border, is for "Panzerbrigade 14" Neustadt/Hessen, and Kev the armshield you show is for "Panzerbrigade 15, Koblenz, as it has a yellow border. Armshields for Divisions have a black/white borders.

Prost ! Steve.

Edited by SteveL