News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I hate to rain on the parade, but I'm not a fan of the order book. First, I've only seen order books with the Suvorov and OGPW award stamp fonts in order books that have been messed with. A bad omen. Second, the penned in numbers also appear to be close to some of the bad award books I've seen - a lot closer to the bad award books than to the good award books. Third, the Red Banner "2" number doesn't seem to be in order with the rest of the awards - and unless I'm mistaken (my books aren't available at the moment) it appears to be a postwar award. Fourth, I've seen a lot of odd award groups, but none that would award a For Valor medal after a Lenin, Suvorov and two Red Banners. There are a few other things with the order of the awards (and from some that are missing or are there) that I'm not fond of as well.

To me, this book would go in the "bad" category until it can be researched and the award card prove that the book is correct.

Dave

I hate to rain on the parade, but I'm not a fan of the order book. First, I've only seen order books with the Suvorov and OGPW award stamp fonts in order books that have been messed with. A bad omen. Second, the penned in numbers also appear to be close to some of the bad award books I've seen - a lot closer to the bad award books than to the good award books. Third, the Red Banner "2" number doesn't seem to be in order with the rest of the awards - and unless I'm mistaken (my books aren't available at the moment) it appears to be a postwar award. Fourth, I've seen a lot of odd award groups, but none that would award a For Valor medal after a Lenin, Suvorov and two Red Banners. There are a few other things with the order of the awards (and from some that are missing or are there) that I'm not fond of as well.

To me, this book would go in the "bad" category until it can be researched and the award card prove that the book is correct.

Dave

Hi Dave

I am happy with the Suv 3...I am aware it being so rare that people don't like to make comments...it is the correct weight etc and I have had a big player look at it...and he wanted to buy it for 3200US some years ago...I declined thank fully.

I will get it researched.

Cheers

Chris

While a novice newbie with this stuff, I share some of the dobuts previously expressed, especially when I saw the award booklet. That is why I asked about research. Getting "Paul Papers" might be wise too?