News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

[attachmentid=39716][attachmentid=39717]

Gents I just added this little pin to my collection. Please take a look and maybe you could let me know what you think it was used for. If for a tie, how would it be worn? It appears to be made of silver. The reverse has a 3-digit number on it which is very hard to see even with a loup. 999 or 969 I can't really say for sure. Thank You all. Robert :cool:

• 5 months later...

Benten You could very well be correct. Any possible ideas about how this would be worn? I wouldn't think this would be the correct attaching pin setup for the tie? Maybe on the lapel? I have no clue. Robert :beer:

I love this pin. I like the typical decorations of that time, Artd?co. I think it's jeweller?s made and for private use, as Don already mentioned. Men wore a longshaped pin or a longshaped clip pin below the middle of the tie, small ones a bit under the knot . I don?t know if men wore small private purchase pins on the lapel , like we do see for official Nazi pins. Even after the war some people wore tie pins to look distinguished .

What is it's size? Robert, I?ll see if I can get more info. :anmatcat::D

Cheers, :beer:

Benten

Edited by benten

I love this pin. I like the typical decorations of that time, Artd?co. I think it's jeweller?s made and for private use, as Don already mentioned. Men wore a longshaped pin or a longshaped clip pin below the middle of the tie, small ones a bit under the knot . I don?t know if men wore small private purchase pins on the lapel , like we do see for official Nazi pins. Even after the war some people wore tie pins to look distinguished .

What is it's size? Robert, I?ll see if I can get more info. :anmatcat::D

Cheers, :beer:

Benten

Benten It is exactly 4 metres in length. You are right as it does have an 835 mark on the reverse. Only distinguishable under a loup. Robert :cool:

Robert, if I am correct you mean 4cm. I have two longshaped pins one a NSDAP pin , one a silver wolfsangel pin. ; both are just like yours 4cm.

From an estetic vieuw these longshaped pins ?.. on the tie .

Cheers,

Benten

p.s. I asked an elder German jeweller salesman today. He told me these pins were worn at the middle of the tie. :beer:

Edited by benten