News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Military Medical Insignia?

Hallo Gentlemen,

while staying at my parent-in-laws for a few days renovating their appartment in the "BLOCK", located in CUGIR, Alba County and ("home of the Romanian Kalaskikov manufacturing industry!").

I was given this insignia, the person who gave it to me knows nothing about it at all.

The item comes in two pieces and fastens together like a press stud, on the stud the word "CADI" is marked twice in capitals.

To the front is a crown over a five pointed star with a centeral emblem of a red cross on a white background, passing to the left and right are two crossed staffs with entwined snakes, a well known emblem for medicine / Doctors etc..

The catch, of the press stud (for the want of a better word, a snow-shoe shape( is made of a bronze plated metal) and I presume to fix it to the clothing the material of the shirt or jacket, with a small hole, was caught between the two, and held in place.

It measures: Insignia, off the catch 29mm X 17mm. and clipped together weighs 5 grams.

Any information or help would be welcome.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Gentlemen,

while staying at my parent-in-laws for a few days renovating their appartment in the "BLOCK", located in CUGIR, Alba County and ("home of the Romanian Kalaskikov manufacturing industry!").

I was given this insignia, the person who gave it to me knows nothing about it at all.

The item comes in two pieces and fastens together like a press stud, on the stud the word "CADI" is marked twice in capitals.

Any information or help would be welcome.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

The star and the Cross Of Savoy in the center suggest it is Italian, but the civic crown rather than the Royal crown baffle me.

The star and the Cross Of Savoy in the center suggest it is Italian, but the civic crown rather than the Royal crown baffle me.

Look Quick guys, :beer:

you read it HERE, Ricky said he was Baffled :o that only happens once in a BLUE MOON :beer:

But I am sure its only a lapse of concentration lasting a mere nanosecond or was that microns?? :unsure:

Kevin in Deva. :cheeky:

Hello, Kev,

Regarding your query on the medical badge, it is certainly Italian. The mural crown is the one in current use, adopted after WW2, I think, as opposed to the Italian royal crown.

Two scans attached, showing samples of one old badge and one current . The ring around the corps emblem was an addition and, prior to the introduction of the ringed badges, the emblem was worn alone. Possibly yours is one of the ealier versions, though I have not seen that method of fixing before. It is certainly a positive fastening and more secure than the sliders which are on many of the British badges.

The ringed badge is 60mm high, the gilt metal one is 58mm high.

Regards,

Brian

[attachmentid=40616]

Hello, Kev,

Regarding your query on the medical badge, it is certainly Italian. The mural crown is the one in current use, adopted after WW2, I think, as opposed to the Italian royal crown.

Two scans attached, showing samples of one old badge and one current . The ring around the corps emblem was an addition and, prior to the introduction of the ringed badges, the emblem was worn alone. Possibly yours is one of the ealier versions, though I have not seen that method of fixing before. It is certainly a positive fastening and more secure than the sliders which are on many of the British badges.

The ringed badge is 60mm high, the gilt metal one is 58mm high.

Regards,

Brian

Hallo Brian, :beer: and thanks for the very useful information, with regards these insignia, any idea of value?

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hallo Brian, :beer: and thanks for the very useful information, with regards these insignia, any idea of value?

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Sorry, Kevin,

I cannot really help with values - as you know, much depends on how great is the buyer's need. The badge is relatively modern, and I would put it in the ?5-10 bracket.

Regards,

Brian