News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My DDR/GDR/Bundeswehr items

Hello all,

I am starting up a thread for my post-1945 German items that I haven't posted yet, and I will be posting more as time permits (still have to scan them all!). First up though are some recent acquisitions of some mini DDR sports badges in bronze.

Here are some Major-Oberst DDR air force (not sure what it was called) collar tabs. I thought they were repro TR items, but turns out they are authentic DDR items. Hope you enjoy!

Here is another set of collar tabs and chevrons, I believe they're DDR, or maybe repro TR items. THis is not my area of focus so any info on rank etc. is great.

Thanks,

Pat

Here is a set? of shoulder boards that I believe are East German, but I am not entirely sure. I believe these are field police shoulder boards in varying ranks. They are a thick material and made very well.

Thanks for looking,

Pat :beer:

Next up is another set of DDR shoulder boards, these ones for regular army I believe (again, please correct me if I am mistaken, as I am going off what the seller told me, got them dirt cheap!). If anyone can properly ID these and give some background it would be very appreciated.

;)

Pat

Next up is two Bundeswehr combat badges, one for Infantry and the other for some sort of Rocket, any help on ID is welcome. These are very light badges.

Pat

Hi Pat... The best thing I can do is to reply to each reply..

These badges are actually for marksmanship lanyards, East German Infantry and Artillary.

Here are some East German shoulder boards, one pair I believe is Panzer (pink) and the other Feldpolizei (green), but please correct me if I am wrong.

Pat,

The dark green boards are for Rear Services. Administrative, medical, supply/logistal and ect. I do not know why one of the boards has a pip, but this does not conform to any rank on the charts I have seen. It seems like a collector modification.

The "pink" board appears to be red. If this the case, it would be artillery. If it is pink, it would be panzer.

Regards

Paul R

Next up is another set of DDR shoulder boards, these ones for regular army I believe (again, please correct me if I am mistaken, as I am going off what the seller told me, got them dirt cheap!). If anyone can properly ID these and give some background it would be very appreciated.

;)

Pat

Pat,

These are also police boards. The ones on the far left are for TRAPO(traffic Police), the others are for the Prison Police(Guards).

The regular NVA army, border guard, and Stassi used the boards like the Rear Services and Arty boards you posted earlier.

Regards

PAul

This is probably my best DDR piece, an Officer's cap. I think it is army but I could be wrong. It is in good shape and is marked, and any more info on it is welcome.

Thanks,

Pat

• 6 years later...

Hi,

here some comments:

Next up is two Bundeswehr combat badges, one for Infantry and the other for some sort of Rocket, any help on ID is welcome. These are very light badges.
    Pat

Bundeswehr is wrong. These are NVA (Nationale Volksarmee - DDR) badges of marksmanship lanyards. The right one of the Grenztruppen (border troops) and the left one of the Artillerie (artillery).

Here is a set? of shoulder boards that I believe are East German, but I am not entirely sure. I believe these are field police shoulder boards in varying ranks. They are a thick material and made very well.
    Thanks for looking,
    Pat beer.gif

They are of the Volkspolizei (People's Police), from left to right:

- Anwärter - Volkspolizei-Bereitschaft

- Anwärter - Volkspolizei/VP-Bereitschaft Tarnuniform

- Wachtmeister - Volkspolizei

- Oberwachtmeister - Volkspolizei

In english:

- aspirant (riot police, service uniform)

- aspirant (normal police, service uniform and riot police, field uniform)

- sergeant (normal police, service uniform)

- staff sergeant (normal police, service uniform)

wink.gif
    Pat

From left to right:

- aspirant (transportation police, field uniform)

- aspirant (prison regime, service uniform)

- sergeant (prison regime, service uniform)

- staff sergeant (prison regime, service uniform)

Best regards from (East) Germany ;)