And not to be confused with this, a real Juncker.

The reverse. I think this one was a late war one because several letters in the maker mark are missing either wholey or in part. That indicates die deterioration.

Don,

Along with everything else on this latest attempt, the gray backing material is not right either.

Chip

Correct Chip. Now, can we put a maker to this one?

The reverse. I just can't make out the markings in the middle.

Wow Don, that's a new type that I have never seen before. Very nice! I suspect the initials are J.S.M or J.G.M. or J.G.N. Too hard to tell. I suppose we will not be able to match it up with the known Hersteller, because it is so different from anything else that we have seen. Is this one yours?

Chip

Snagged it off ebay 2 weeks ago.

Is that corrosion, a bad die or just a poor stamping? Also, is that paper backing it or is there a metal backing plate underneath?

Chip

Edited by Chip

The badge is definately in rough shape. I tend to believe it was a dirty die and because it looks so bad it was never issued. There is a backing plate under the paper. Here is another one by the same maker. Because it lacks the cloth I can see that the badge is hollow stamped.

Recieved anothe Falkenburg & Richter today. Note the same sloppy trimming around the inside of the ammo belt. Whoever was assigned that task did a horrible job.

reverse. Note the mix of round and flat pins. My other one has all round pins.

I got this too.

... very nice - thank you for showing your MG-badges & pictures! :beer:

@dond: Hi, can you tell me the exact words of your Zink badge (Post#21):

STAHLMETALLW.FAB. ? ?MEYER?WILHELM? STUTTGART ((so fare I can read!?!) :rolleyes:

Thank you and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

... and some more info:

Mit Verf?gung vom 25. August 1916 wurden die MG-Scharfsch?tzentrupps (1 Offizier und 72 sp?ter 76 Mann) dann in Kompanien umgegliedert. Je drei Kompanien bildeten eine "MG-Scharfsch?tzenabteilung".

Mittels Allerh?chsten Befehls - des Kaisers - vom 8. Februar 1916 erhielten die Soldaten ein besonderes, auf dem linken Arm zu tragendes Abzeichen (siehe oben). Der Erla? des Kriegsministeriums dazu lautet:

"Die gem?? Erla? vom 25. 1. 1916 ... aufzustellenden Maschinengewehr-Scharfsch?tzentrupps tragen Infanterieuniform mit der Nummer des Trupps auf den Schulterklappen sowie auf den Helm?berz?gen und f?hren die Abzeichen (Schulterkn?pfe und S?beltroddel) einer ersten Kompanie. Das besondere Abzeichen f?r die Unteroffiziere und Mannschaften (metallenes Maschinengewehr auf einem ovalen St?ck feldgrauen Tuchs), das nur f?r die Dauer des Krieges genehmigt ist, wird auf dem linken ?rmel des Waffenrocks und Mantels in der Mitte zwischen ?rmelnaht und Ellenbogen, gleichweit von der vorderen und hinteren ?rmelnaht entfernt, aufgen?ht..."

Das Abzeichen bekamen nur die Leute, die den Maschiengewehr-Lehrkurs in D?beritz oder das Maschiengewehr-Ausbildungskommando Munster, Bitsch, Oberhofen oder Beberloo I besucht hatten.

Thanks Jens. At the very end of the German text, the name is "Beverloo", the large training camp in Belgium.

Dond's badge says "St.Metallw.Fab. W.Meyer & F.Wilhelm Stuttgart"

Chip

Chip, you are right - it's "Beverloo", my typing error! :rolleyes:

And many thanks - for the exact company-name! :cheers:

Best regards,

Jens

reverse. Note the mix of round and flat pins. My other one has all round pins.

Hello!

Very nice. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep

Finally a new maker to add, Carl Leburg.

That's a tough one Don. Congratulations! What is the average price for these badges now? I have a few, so I have not paid attention to the prices for years.

Chip

Another Photo of a MGSS company to the collection, send in 1917

Stamped on the back MaschineGewehr Scharftschutzen Kommando

Christer

Thats terrible Chris you have to love them and not think about money chum, this is my last pic on a belt off the bay.

Here an interesting MP of an MG - SSch.

The Man was at MG Scharfschützen-Ausbildungs-Kommando West

and later at MG SS Abt. 36.

regards

alex

Nice items.