• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eric , that's very interesting picture ! It is related to Greater Poland Uprising of 1918–1919, or Wielkopolska Uprising of 1918–1919 (Polish: powstanie wielkopolskie 1918–19 roku; German: Großpolnischer Aufstand) or Posnanian War . this was only time ( this very early years in general - I suppose to have somewhere an info about regulations to foreign awards in Polish Army ) when non Polish badges and medals were still in use .

best regards

Kornel

Hi Kornel

Not sure at the moment may even be 1920 against the Russians? btw there is a thread on Axis History forum about a Polish gunner in the German Army W1 this soldier fought in four wars!! passed away 2005...105yrs old! Jan Rzepa (1899 - 2005) page 4.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=51746&sid=4519d09624853109fac5d3a90d8dc818&start=45

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Gents

The recent auctioned badge reminds me of my 30yr old reproduction, something about it? Anyway took pictures of the sold and my example.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

nobodies talking about these great badges anymore,,, is it because its me?

I managed to purchase this great photo off ebay, unusual for me I don't normally go after pictures but this is a nice shot anyway I'll post in case it gets lost in the mail etc.

Eric

nobodies talking about these great badges anymore,,, is it because its me?

I managed to purchase this great photo off ebay, unusual for me I don't normally go after pictures but this is a nice shot anyway I'll post in case it gets lost in the mail etc.

Eric

This group is Freikorps. Although I'm not sure which one, as several wore chevrons like this as their unit insignia. I find it interesting that as has been discussed a couple of times on past threads, the backing cloth on the badges has been changed to black. This does seem to have been a common practice with Freikorps MG units, who continued to wear the badge.

Hello

Thanks the soldier second left back row appears to have an edelweiss? device on his cap and the gunner dead centre looks remarkably related to the Bavarian gunner front row far right imo.

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Missed that one. Where was it?

Me too Don was on the bay a friend missed it as well!! $180 and change I was sure you'd snagged it I like those wire prong jobs.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Don is MgSs Capo di tutti capi ... so Eric we have organize another mob / gang - just for self defense :violent:

best regards

Kornel

ps. Taube I love that painted badge of yours - amazing . I have only one an in mint condition but would prefer kind of front used one - a lot of character !

• 4 months later...

Hello!

Who can tell me something about this one (post-war period). The reverse unfortunately is blank

A Mg-Ss-badge with "Sch"... I know, it looks like "Sd", but under the mag-glass it´s an "Sch"

The unit is from the Friedenheer. 4th bavarian Reichswehr-Inf.Rgt.N°46

Edited by The Prussian

Bernhard,

I read the same but I am not all that clued up on the German equivilants, I thought it was something to do with Easter but I am a 'heathen' so pardon my error and thanks for the info, is that the one where the kids come round singing or am I way off again?

Bernhard,

I read the same but I am not all that clued up on the German equivilants, I thought it was something to do with Easter but I am a 'heathen' so pardon my error and thanks for the info, is that the one where the kids come round singing or am I way off again?

Hello Jock.

Without wanting to bring religion into anything at all I am a "Heathen" myself. Pentecost is to my knowledge not an occasion for children to go around singing. I cannot remember when we went about doing that. But then that is a long, long time back. Should ask my wife what she remembers since we grew up at the same time and in the sme little town.

Bernhard H. Holst.