Hello Bob

I closed my forum down on New Years Day.

As to the other? Who cares. We can have it here also.

Im only asking for one forum for all TR daggers

Besides I had another advanced collector join here, who can help build this section.

Edited by Bob Rodgers

Bob Hunter

I'd also be interested in seeing a forum dedicated to TR Daggers and accoutrements. I think it would enhance this site's "draw" and provide much needed, factual information on TR daggers to new and old collectors alike.

The field of collecting TR daggers is a large one and there is always interest in that area.

An additional forum would allow building a base of interested people and provide an alternative to other sites.

I collect Army daggers primarily. Attached is a picture of but a very small sampling of my collection which includes many rare and beautiful Army daggers.

DJ

[attachmentid=42392]

Edited by DJR

In the pic above, I show a, starting from the left, 1935 Rail by Klaas; a tagged mint Eickhorn w/small stamped mark; an ivory gripped, type 1 grip design, unmarked but undoubtedly made by WKC that is distributor marked; a VOOS marked & etched w/ivory grip. 4 pretty hard to find Army daggers.

DJ

Hy everyone I'd also be interested in seeing a 3rd Reich dagger forum over here. Is there currently a firearms forum available to post on also?

Jim

Edited by jim m

bob-

thank you for your excellent contributions!

while i only know bob by reputation and

visiting his site, in my humble estimation

he fulfills the gentleman aspect completely.

while we are a small site, the quality has been

uniformly good, whether russian, imperial,

mongolian or whatever.

i have no doubts that this would be as asset

to GMIC and hope that this can come to fruition!

a hearty welcome to you, bob!

joe

I've seen some really beautiful, rare and interesting daggers shown here. I'm just a beginner (since late 60's), but take pride in what I own. Here is another that I own. An artificial damascus blade that I believe to be the "small rosebud" pattern/look with the inscription of something to this effect: He that doesn't take pride in a blade, a noble horse or a beautiful woman has no lust for life. This piece is personalized with initials engraved on scabbard. Generic type A fittings and generic scabbard.

DJ

[attachmentid=42500]

Edited by DJR

AND a few others that I own.... ALL of these are by Heller, Balloonman version. All have same type fittings and are clones of one another. All have the 1st style EPack fittings that are so nice to look at. EPack was, in my mind, a major producer and supplier of parts to many of the smaller companies engaged in Army dagger manufacturing starting in 1935 and continuing well into the start of the war. I enjoy seeing a group of Army daggers from one maker that conforms to one style and validates each other's authenticity. These Balloonmen all conform and were produced early, as shown by their tapered tangs and EPack 1st style fittings and scabbards.

DJ

[attachmentid=42501]

Edited by DJR

Heller, Balloonman, reverse side (in all but 1 anyway and this is the position logo was in originally or at least when I acquired it, obverse) .......logos.

DJ

[attachmentid=42502]

I mentioned the fact that the logo appeared on the front of one dagger only to bring out the fact that some believe makers sometime positioned their marks on the front of the blade to give their product name more exposure. I don't have a preconceived notion about that, myself though.......They could have very easily done it either way..

DJ

Edited by DJR

Another rare Army dagger of mine. Well maybe not rare, but sure hard to find. This a very late Eickhorn that has the unplated, type 4 (Yes Eickhorn did make and use 4 distinctly different types of crossguards) crossguard, last style pommel and scabbard. The "Over the Shoulder" mark.

DJ

[attachmentid=42508]