News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1984 Veteran's tinny

I have never seen a modern day tinnie like this before, do many of them exist? This tinnie is made almost exactly the same way as the old ones from the '30's which leads me to believe it was made by a maker that was around during the war and earlier. Hopefully someone can enlighten us on this unique tinnie which is probably quite rare I would assume.

Later,

Pat

I have never seen a modern day tinnie like this before, do many of them exist? This tinnie is made almost exactly the same way as the old ones from the '30's which leads me to believe it was made by a maker that was around during the war and earlier. Hopefully someone can enlighten us on this unique tinnie which is probably quite rare I would assume.

Later,

Pat

Hi Pat,

No idea on my part. I loved it mostly because it had the lion (I'm a Leo so kinda partial to them) and a Stahlhelm (I'm part German so I'm kinda partial to them too! :P ). I'm assuming they just continued to make such pins for reunions, veterans events, beer festivals, Octoberfest... you name it. :D

But would love to know more if someone out there knows.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

You probably already know this, but with my extremely limited German, and the use of an on-line dictionary, I've managed to figure out that it says:

Consecration of the Flag 1984

Veterans and Fighters Association of Neukirche

You probably already know this, but with my extremely limited German, and the use of an on-line dictionary, I've managed to figure out that it says:

Consecration of the Flag 1984

Veterans and Fighters Association of Neukirche

Hi Mike,

Many thanks! Stupid me, I should have put the translation up there, but very much appreciate your doing so. Have just been so busy putting stuff up between "life" hitting me in the face that I got to worrying with the forest and not paying much attention to the trees. Thanks for watching my back on this one! :beer:

Again I'm assuming many such badges were made for various events throughout Germany after the war up to the present day.

But she's a pretty one... nice design, very pleasing to the eye.

Thanks again, :cheers:

Dan