News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Ribbon Bar Puzzle!

Here's a very interesting ribbon bar. Mounting is WW2 German style, but look closely! Now who can tell me what this really is? I bought it for The Romanian Crusade Against Communism miniature. An exceptionally rare device, I didn't look further... now I am intrigued! Who can help? Thanks!

Either someone used some "close enough" stock, and/or there was some serious fading of the blue on all of those.

It would be:

Order of the Star of Romania w/swords (probably Officer)

Order of the Star of Romania w/swords (probably Cavalier)

Medal for Steadfastness and Loyalty w/swords

Commemorative Cross of the War 1916-1919

Interallied Victory Medal

Medal "Crusade against Communism"

Centennial Medal of the Reign of Carol I

EDIT: Ed beat me to it, but a correction on the last.

Edited by Dave Danner

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

This has come to live with me because Evil Ricky can't withstand my whining about obscure global ribbon bars being predestinied as mine, all mine. :beer:

It is indeed beat, and the light blue is faded on all ribbons. I can't tell if any of the swords are supposed to be bronze or gilt because of corrosion.

Having never SEEN a mounted commercial World War Two period Rumanian ribbon bar, I wasn't aware that they used the German 15mm style at all.

[attachmentid=44621]

I was under the impression that the "Manliness and Loyalty" Medals (3rd ribbon) were given to enlisted men and NCOs, since that is who got this in the Wehrmacht in WW2. Would that make the pre-1938 war ribbons for the two Orders ahead of it, Crosses or Medal grades for non-officer ranks? GERMAN military tailors often used the pre-WW2 ribbon, having not known it changed, but I assume a Rumanian tailor would have had current stock-- so those are both for WW1?

The last ribbon is pale blue with inner sulver threads turned dark and outer gold threads. There being NO long service ribbon of any kind, I presume this was a reservist rather than a career military person?