News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help to ID Bundeswehr Officer Jacket (1957ish ?)

Hallo Gentlmen, :beer:

this jacket has been recovered from storage in my garage, hence the crumpled condition :blush:

The shoulder boards have green piping, and the tabs are edged in green too, the braiding is silver bullion, please see attached pictures.

Maker label is: F. Birch of Marburg.

There is one shoulder badge on the left sleeve.

Above the left breast pocket are thread loops for attaching ribbon bars / awards to.

All the main buttons are with the jacket, however under on of the sholder boards a small plain button is missing.

It has four pockets, and two inner pockets, and very deep "French Cuffs" I once was told a favorite place to keep a packet of ciggeretes. :unsure:

Hoping somebody / anybody tell me something about it?

Larger pictures are available if anybody wants to see them but they will have to be sent by email due to posting restrictions.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

this jacket has been recovered from storage in my garage, hence the crumpled condition :blush:

Larger pictures are available if anybody wants to see them but they will have to be sent by email due to posting restrictions.

Edited by Kev in Deva

The pips appear to have a frosted silver wash.

Edited by Kev in Deva

WHAT!

NO TAKERS :( to tell me the rank, or branch of Service ? :o Unbeliveable!! Incredible!! :unsure:

Its not like I was expecting a reading from a crystal ball to tell me the guys name, address, service number, colour of his eyes, hair etc..etc.. and what he had for breakfast, dinner and tea :P

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

WHAT!

NO TAKERS :( to tell me the rank, or branch of Service ? :o Unbeliveable!! Incredible!! :unsure:

Its not like I was expecting a reading from a crystal ball to tell me the guys name, address, service number, colour of his eyes, hair etc..etc.. and what he had for breakfast, dinner and tea :P

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Sorry, Kevin, I saw this much earlier and didn't respond because I thought one of our more learned colleagues would.

I can tell you this much, it's for a haptmann (captain) and I believe green was the color for infantry. According to the web site I used to look this up, these type of shoulder straps were adopted by the Bundeswehr in 1962 and are still used today.

Hope that helps a little. It's about all the information I have.

The web site I used (and borrowed the picture from) is at http://www.uniforminsignia.net/

Edited by Mike Dwyer

Sorry, Kevin, I saw this much earlier and didn't respond because I thought one of our more learned colleagues would.

I can tell you this much, it's for a haptmann (captain) and I believe green was the color for infantry. According to the web site I used to look this up, these type of shoulder straps were adopted by the Bundeswehr in 1962 and are still used today.

Hope that helps a little. It's about all the information I have.

The web site I used (and borrowed the picture from) is at http://www.uniforminsignia.net/

Hallo Mike, :beer: thank you for your kind consideration and reply, interesting link too :jumping:

• 1 month later...

Kevin,

The green "waffenfarbe" on the shoulderboards and collar tabs is for the Panzer Grenadiers. The arm shield indicates the wearer is posted to a headquarters unit. The arm shield often indicates quite a lot of info on the assigned unit but that is all I can say at the moment as my reference books haven't been delivered to my new apartment yet. The ribbon bar loops on the left breast indicates the wearer was in the Wehrmacht so the tunic probably dates from the late fifties early 60s.

Regards,

Gordon

green also stands for J?ger and Fallschirmj?ger (Ranger and airborne)

Cheers

Sven

Hallo Gordon in Canada and Sven in Bayern, :D:beer:

many thanks for the information, Sven :D the jacket was bought in Bavaria (Sonthoffen) at a fleamarket.

Kevin in Deva (Transylvania). :D

Hallo Gordon in Canada and Sven in Bayern, :D:beer:

many thanks for the information, Sven :D the jacket was bought in Bavaria (Sonthoffen) at a fleamarket.

Kevin in Deva (Transylvania). :D

when the owner was officer in Sonthofen then it is a J?ger (Ranger) uniform. :beer:

The patch represents the Zentrale Milit?rische Dienststellen der Bundeswehr (ZMil). The branch color is Infanterie/Infantry. Rank is Hauptman/Captain and the uniform is probably from the early 60s. Kevin

Edited by ehrentitle