News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What are these SS cards?

Guest Rick Research

Oho, you're on a roll with the paper tonight my friend! :speechless1:

Carl von Laffert born 1 June 1872

NSDAP #352,319

SS # 36,020

SS Ring

SS Untersturmf?hrer 1.3.33

SS Hauptsturmf?hrer (jumping a rank) 1.7.33

SS Sturmbannf?hrer 20.4.34

SS Obersturmbannf?hrer 20.4.35

SS Standartenf?hrer 20 April 1936

As of 1 December 1937 on Staff of the SD-Hauptamt.

His grieving colleague was also of the SD Hauptamt in 1937--

Erich Naumann, born 29 April 1905, started in SS as a Hauptsturmf?hrer and had been Old Carl's junior as a Standartenf?hrer 9.11.36

Back with more: :rolleyes::ninja:

Carl-August von Laffert began his military career in Hessian Dragoon Regiment 23, but then became a career General Staff officer

Sekondeleutnant 17.11.1891

Oberleutnant 14.9.00 P9p

Hauptmann i.G. 21.5.06 )30

Major i.G. 19.11.12 X

and retired before the war ended as a char. Oberstleutnant i.G. aD

When WW1 began he was the German Military Attach? in Turkey. He ended his war commanding Landwehr Infantry Regiment 83.

Before the war he had: Prussian Red Eagle Order 4, Prussian Crown Order 4, 1897 Medal, Hessian Philip the Generous-Knight 2nd, and Russian Stanislaus 3. What I find during the war is a Saxon Albert-Knight 1st with Crown and Swords as an initial award 15.12.15 (Major iG 7th Landwehr Division), and a Prussian Crown Order 3rd with Xs as "Oberstleutnant aD" gazetted in the MWB 14 September 1918 (!!!)

His killed in action naval brother's widow remarried the reviled seagoing gong hog and floating piece of nobody ever had anything nice to say about him commerce raider "M?we" commander, Nikolaus Burggraf und Graf zu Dohna-Schlobiten.

Oooooo.

OK, how about this? Grief stricken young Erich Naumann? SS Brigadef?hrer and Polizei-Generalmajor, commanded SS Einsatzgruppen B in extermination across Russia 1941-43, then was SD Chief at the Hague, executed at Nuremberg 8 June 1951.

All from just one little piece of paper.

Guest Rick Research

Corporal N?gel had himself a fatal accident-- kicking a concentration camp inmate or some such.

Eberhard Quirsfeld was born in Salzburg, Austria 29 March 1899. SS #23,029, NSDAP # 512,528. SS Usf 24.12.32, SS Osf 12.8.34, SS Hsf 10.3.35... ended up as SS Standartenf?hrer 9.11.43--

he was at Dachau 1937-38, Matthausen 1938-39, and Buchenwald 1939-40 before joining the Waffen SS, serving as an artillery officer in the 7th Waffen SS Division "Prinz Eugen" and ending the war as Commandant of the SS Mountain Troops School.

He held Blood Order #454 from 1923, and EKs 1 and 2 from WW2. Appaarently no one ever said "boo" to him about his 4 years as a concentration camp staff officer.

Emil Baumann was a career Bavarian pioneers officer

Leutnant 3.3.97

Oberleutnant 14.6.03

Hauptmann 27.3.13

Major 18.5.18 #20

and edged out after the Beer Hall Putsch with a brevet as Oberstleutnant aD and good riddance.

Awards: EK 1 and 2, Bavarian MMO4X 15.1.15, Crown to MVO4X 11.6.18, Prussian HHO3X gazetted in the MWB 15.1.18, Hamburg Hanseatic Cross, Wound Badge, 1905 Luitpold Jubilee Medal, and Bavarian XXIV Years ervice cross.

NSDAP # 1,274,776, SS # 276,859. Unlike von Laffert above, he started right in as an SS Standartenf?hrer, on 1 September 1936.

Published by later SS Obergruppenf?hrer August Heissmeyer (1897-1979) who direcetd the SS Main Office from May 1935 to October 1940. He was simultaneously Inspector of Concentration camps for a while 1939-40 but shucked that to become Higher SS and Polce F?hrer "Spree" from September 1939 to April 1943. He also busied himself with such chores as leading the Association of Large Families, Inspector of Adolf Hitler Schools, and so on. The French sentenced him to 18 whole months in jail. He retired as director of a Coca Cola plant.

Guest Rick Research

Of course, there is more than a little suspicious "coincidence" in these deaths.

And I think we know the REAL story:

:o

[attachmentid=43901]

• 8 years later...