News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi John,

Welcome on this forum.

Very nice ribbn bar. I love the button ribbons :beer:

Don't hesitate to share with us your collection. If you are interrested by Saxon duchies ribbon bar, see some of my post, I have share all my treasure

Regards

Christophe

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A policeman who went on to be awarded the Luftschutz decoration and the Austrian Annexation decoration a few years later. (At least I got to see a picture of the other half of the split group.)

Edited by landsknechte

• 4 weeks later...

The reverse. For Rick L, this man received first the Ernestine Verdienstkreuz, became officier and then received the EH3bX. This is why he put the crown on the second ribbon to make the difference. Thanks Rick for your help jumping.gif

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

Aesthetically, I cannot imagine a more :love::love::love: combination than Waldeck and Ernestine.

I agree-- despite the "gold" swords in post #31, these must have belonged to the same man as #33-- an Ernestine VerdienstkreuzX as NCO, then probably the Waldeck 4th Class X, and the Ernestine Knight 2nd X-- now for the correct ERNESTINE rolls to check against the published Waldeck one! :speechless:

That NASTY sharp pointy style in #36 shows up very rarely. It is a weak, easily bent type, and the "shark teeth" on back must have ripped uniforms. Somebody obviously went patented-design mad, but this was NOT a popular style.

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Where does he FIND them? he's like a bandit king on the road through the only mountain pass...

nothing Thuringian gets past Christophe!!! :cheeky:

:cheers:

Several people work for me and when one of them has got something with Ernestine, I ask the price and if the price is ok I will pay him. That's all :cheeky:

This is not only a hobby it's now an obsession :jumping::jumping: . Tomorrow with my cigars and a cop or Armagnac I will look at my new babies. That's life.

Regards

christophe

Hi Bob,

I love the colorfull of the ribbon. It's magic !!! And like everybody want an Prusian, or Bavarian, Saxon or Wurttemberg ribbon bars, I take all the ribbon bar which don't interrest the other people, that's life :P .

I need orders from these Thuringian states. I have, Saxe Ernestine knight cross 2nc class with X, Saxe Weimar knight cross 2nc class with X, Schwarzburg cross of 3rd class with X. Like you can see, the only order missing is the Reuss Honor cross 3rd class with X. After that I will collect the pin back and the pieces of uniforms. Like we say in France, "vaste programme".

Regards

Christophe

Ps : remember, all the Thuringian's ribbon bar have to be in my collection, only mine :lol:

:cheeky:

• 8 months later...

Thats the Baltic Cross and not Luftschutz.

A policeman who went on to be awarded the Luftschutz decoration and the Austrian Annexation decoration a few years later. (At least I got to see a picture of the other half of the split group.)

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Can we see the BACK of that one, Jens?

I am thinking that is a Prussian Crown 3X and not a mutant HHOX without the usual crown... remind me of this one (some months from now) when I get into the Saxe-Weimar rolls-- as far as I can tell ALL of the Ritter 1Xs are there, and may be able to match up a zD type, if we get lucky with those :banger::banger: Prussians and their miserable lists!!!!

The Weimar Lists are too hard to read to "skim" through (very small and very messy) but should all come out OK in the end when completely transcribed and alphabetized.