News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

? about L15 EK 1

Hi Guys !

I have this 2 EK 1 both marked L15 on pin back . Both are identified as reproduction , the so called "floch" EK 1 . If the same maker made these fakes , why did they botter to make two different iron senter , look at "date" 1939 . I have had these two crosses for several Years , but have never showed this compare on any Forum before .

Opinions are very welcome .

Jan Arne

PS ! Sorry ! Scans are made with my old scanner , and when I scanned again white background it get a blue tone on pics .

Edited by Jan Arne S

Guest Darrell

Jan, definitely "textbook" Floch as identified. Why different Cores .. don't know. But he did use various Stamps as I once had an L11 EK1 just like yours on the right.

Edited by Darrell

No matter how often I look at these "Flochs" I still can't spot them. I think I'll have to buy one, it might be a different matter when I've got one in my hand. I can't even see a difference in the above cores.

Tony

Guest Darrell

Many have seen Peter Wiking's excellent group of pics that show the details of these Floch's ... here are two of them:

The left cross in Jans first post is the "classic" Floch with the "loose" bottom to the 3,I must say the other cross has a good obverse.They all have the characteristic short Floch pin to the reverse.

They all have a low date as well,although some originals also have low dates eg. W?chtler & Lange EK's(mm 100 and L/55)

[attachmentid=2781]

Tony,I will try and get you a Floch.....I think you need to study one in the hand!

Dave

Thanks for inputs and comments !

The Right of the two EK Crosses has a different "1939" than I have seen on the "Floch" repro crosses .

Just what to say that I have not any interest in try to make a "Floch" EK 1 repro to a real EK 1 .

I have 29 original EK 1`s , so I just would like to show the difference on these two Crosses , but I`m not 100% sure that the right cross is a SC " Floch" cross .

Jan Arne

Here is a picture of a common flaw on Floch pieces. I noticed this a few years ago. If you look you can find this on EK1s, KVK1s and the L/14 Gold WB. NOTE: not all pieces have this flaw on the pin. It was corrected at some point but I did use it to tie the three fakes to the same maker. There is a slight indentation on the left side that I am trying to point to. Look at the other pictures and you will see it in most of them. Funny thing is that is seems to only appear on the left side. I have never found one otherwise.