News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nietsche & Guenther splittergoggles..

Bit of a up-date..

From the beginning of this thread till now I've found a N&G 2nd model marked 1 and I've seen 2 pairs which were marked 3, so they do exist, but are very scarce..., the majority we've seen were marked 2, which probably is the size that will fit most men.

I've posted a picture of my 3rd foldable model, does anyone notice something ?

Jos.

• Replies 90
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what I call a type II ,retained the rigid, one-piece plastic frame with the addition of an elastic strap instead of the conventional arms.

again, IMO, 3 sizes (here,as usual a "2") - not sure if they came in Cloth bags,alu cans or cardboard cases

Makermark ( NiGuRa )

I called a long time LW collector (mostly equipment) as I thought type II never had clear lenses, he told me I was wrong and honestly I tend to agree as for us it is only a matter of time to find clear lenses on type II

See, never say never:

Hauptmann

Haugk, Helmut

* 24.02.1914 Gelsenkirchen-Buer

+ 28.01.1992

Ritterkreuz am: 21.12.1942

als: Oberfeldwebel

Funktion: Flugzeugf?hrer 9./ZG 26 "Horst Wessel"

His brother was also RK winner

Leutnant

Haugk, Werner

* 29.04.1912 Gelsenkirchen-Buer

+ 18.10.1944 bei Aalborg/D?nemark

Ritterkreuz am: 08.08.1944

als: Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel

Funktion: Flugzeugf?hrer 4./ZG 76

See, never say never:

Hauptmann

Haugk, Helmut

* 24.02.1914 Gelsenkirchen-Buer

+ 28.01.1992

Ritterkreuz am: 21.12.1942

als: Oberfeldwebel

Funktion: Flugzeugf?hrer 9./ZG 26 "Horst Wessel"

His brother was also RK winner

Leutnant

Haugk, Werner

* 29.04.1912 Gelsenkirchen-Buer

+ 18.10.1944 bei Aalborg/D?nemark

Ritterkreuz am: 08.08.1944

als: Fahnenjunker-Oberfeldwebel

Funktion: Flugzeugf?hrer 4./ZG 76

Hello!

SAEZ

Good eyes. :jumping:

Regards

Nesredep

Andreas, very desirable pair... super !

Fran?ois,

Yup, this is a 2nd model with clear lenses.., very rare shot.. ( it's not a pair like the 2nd models on Ebay though, be careful !).

It's the first pic which shows a combination like this, all other pics showed dark lenses sofar and I've to be careful, but I still think the 2nd type was only issued with dark lenses..

When we look at the date Haugk got his Knightcross we see it's close to 1943, so I've a feeling he might have changed the lenses by a pair of 3rd model clear lenses or had asked for a pair, cause I'm pretty sure the 3rd model lenses also fit the 2nd model frame and even the 1st model..

BUT.., it's just a guess, because I don't know when the 3rd models came out.

Actually we should try to find out by studying dated pics etc..

Just a thought based on the original 2nd models we've seen sofar in collections.., all have dark lenses.

Jos.

Edited by Jos Le Cont

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I'm new here and am here because I did a search for these goggles on Google. Hmmm..oookay that was'nt supposed to happen. Anyway I have a pair of these sitting right in front of me that I want to sell. I inherited these and have had them for many years but do not desire to keep them. I thought it would be best to sell them to someone who can appreciate them more. Here is a small photo. I tried posting a larger pic but was restricted to a small file size.

Thanks,

Bob